Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This can't be right or is it ?I just bought the new style 2nd gen. apexi..... :pissed:

e-mail from the company that does it all, one of the top tuners for toyota/lexus in canada:

Hello, I'm away in germany working again at Toyota Motorsports GmbH, Toyotas F1 racing factory.

Our shop can install the Apexi unit but I do not recomend this product for IS300 with 2JZ-GE, Apexi unit is a 2d controler not 3d and the data stream is too slow for the 32 bit Lexus ECU.
However we have complete upgrades as well as TTE parts and HKS parts for your IS300 that work. Kyle can show you Dynojet runs on our IS300 and dozens of others that we have done in Canada, we have currently warrentable 255 HP rwhp IS300 upgrades that work correctly. Remember that buying parts based on fancy start up screens is not the way we tune cars.

Reg Riemer
web site( copy and past ) http://www.monsterhorsepower.com

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
do you even understand what he is saying? if so, explain to me the 2d and 3d comments, if you can't you have no reason to be angry as you don't even understand the statement

-gte

kosmo said:
This can't be right or is it ?I just bought the new style 2nd gen. apexi..... :pissed:

e-mail from the company that does it all, one of the top tuners for toyota/lexus in canada:

Hello, I'm away in germany working again at Toyota Motorsports GmbH, Toyotas F1 racing factory.

Our shop can install the Apexi unit but I do not recomend this product for IS300 with 2JZ-GE, Apexi unit is a 2d controler not 3d and the data stream is too slow for the 32 bit Lexus ECU.
However we have complete upgrades as well as TTE parts and HKS parts for your IS300 that work. Kyle can show you Dynojet runs on our IS300 and dozens of others that we have done in Canada, we have currently warrentable 255 HP rwhp IS300 upgrades that work correctly. Remember that buying parts based on fancy start up screens is not the way we tune cars.

Reg Riemer
web site( copy and past ) http://www.monsterhorsepower.com

·
Mr. Negative
12,387 Posts
Wow, from the little I know about Reg, he's basically the elec./fuel god on all that is 7M / 2JZ. If he's giving you advice, I'd take it.

The question I have is what does Reg have? Do you know GTE? Obviously it's for sale I'm assuming, as that's what is implied in the email.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not mad at Reimer,(Just mad at my self if it isn't that good )
Did a search and a lot a people have it or the hks one and no problems with it,if installed right.
I also don't know what the 2d and 3d controller is,thought it was 2-3 gen. of the model(now i know i'm wrong,another separate unit?)

What ever they say at the shop,I'll be doing and will be calling today for more information/education and the 5 w's and cost$$$

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i know what he has, you all can't purchase it as far as i know, i've seen it, just haven't gotten the chance to piss around with it on my car. he wanted me to use it in conjunction with what i have, i probably will, we'll see.

he has the RTCS unit (i think thats the name)

is twice the price of the afc

-gte

IS_Dude said:
Wow, from the little I know about Reg, he's basically the elec./fuel god on all that is 7M / 2JZ. If he's giving you advice, I'd take it.

The question I have is what does Reg have? Do you know GTE? Obviously it's for sale I'm assuming, as that's what is implied in the email.

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
2d map - rpm x map/tps

3d map - rpm x map/tps x injector (pulsewidth)?

im pretty sure about the 2d map, 3d im not too familiar with. most maps i see deal in 2d, where as standalone systems usually deal in 3d for more precise tuning.

as far as i know our cars are map sensored. basically it looks like a grid with plots for rpm and what ever the map/tps sensor is at gives you the fuel that ought to be sent out to the injectors. the 3d part allows for aftermarket injectors becuase with larger injectors you need to control the pulsewidth for best tuning.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
ok, 2d equals two dimensional and 3d equals three dimensional (this is probably obvious to most)

now, why is the afc 2d (actually it is 3d, but in a way it isn't)

the afc has a map

the map is 3d in that it adjusts for:

karman (air measurement ingested into the motor)
rpm
throttle position

the reason it is technically 3d is that it adjusts for those 3 parameters, the problem of why Reg's computer is better, is because the afc has 2 throttle position points that it adjust for, a hi and a low, and it blends inbetween

reg's computer has:

16 different tp points to adjust for (if my memory serves me)
rpm
karman

so it gives more usability and tunability, but of course, more complication. the adjustment unit is around $300 and the hand held programmer is also around $300, about twice the price of the afc, and not many people will benefit from the extra parameters, because 1, it requires more dyno time than an hour to tune in, and requires a very knowledgable anal car owner/tuner to get it right, with dyno time and a wideband.

that excludes 98% of the people on this board, and why the afc will be great for all of you, especially at the n/a level

enough ranting, let me know if anyone has any other questions

-gte

kosmo said:
Not mad at Reimer,(Just mad at my self if it isn't that good )
Did a search and a lot a people have it or the hks one and no problems with it,if installed right.
I also don't know what the 2d and 3d controller is,thought it was 2-3 gen. of the model(now i know i'm wrong,another separate unit?)

What ever they say at the shop,I'll be doing and will be calling today for more information/education and the 5 w's and cost$$$

·
Mr. Negative
12,387 Posts
Just one more. Reg states in that email that he has 255rwhp on his test IS300. Do you know what he's done to produce that as it's a bit in between NA and FI?

IS300GTE said:

-gte

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
nope, i'll ask next time we speak

IS_Dude said:
Just one more. Reg states in that email that he has 255rwhp on his test IS300. Do you know what he's done to produce that as it's a bit in between NA and FI?

IS300GTE said:

-gte

1 - 10 of 10 Posts