Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That god damn freaking stupid ass retarded as all hell blinking constantly little red ****ing set bealt light dammit If i wanna die in my Lexus it should be my choice stop FLASHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its killing me................... <flash>...<flash>...<flash>...<flash>...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See now the forum is fun Geoff I might actually love you man..... <kiddin> No actually the annoyiong thing is all thise CL owner trying to steal my L badge cant they just shel out the 15 bucks and get it at the dealer 260 still wont make it a lexus hehehehehehhehehe GEOFF IS BACK horayyyyy

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Take off the instrument cluster and you can remove the bulb for the seatbelt warning light... Your choice...

I feel naked in a car not wearing my seatbelt. Plus it holds me in my seat during my wild cornering manuevers. If you don't need your seatbelt, you must drive like a grandma.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
486 Posts
The dead peddle that broke and that I am still waiting for the part to fix it. It was made cheaply and leaves me to question the build quality.

·
Registered
258 Posts
On my LS400 there's a passenger seatbelt light above the radio. Very annoying when that thing is blinking along...

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes i drive at 10mph at all times I use to own a Acura it is inbeded in me 10mph stay alive 10 mph stay alive. Actually with areally cool lean and seat all the way back seat belts suck.......... plus High speed manuvuer you want more lumbar support then what the stack seatbelts deliever but that roughly at speeding turns of 130 but you guys arent ready for those yet kiddin man tonight im in a not so serious mood......

·
Registered
591 Posts
Attention All Readers

Not to preach but in My Line Of Work I unfortunately SEE the Horrible Results of people driving without SEATBELTS.

ITS NOT PRETTY!!

But people Must Learn The Hard Way I guess.

Smra.

·
Registered
354 Posts
When my dog (65 lbs) rides shotgun (he loves the IS) that little seatbelt "icon" next to the clock just flashes away...very annoying.
I've fitted a well-tailored small piece of black electrical tape to cover up the offender. You can't even tell it's there. My dog digs it.
P.S. I always wear my seatbelt. Out here in L.A., any day on the Freeway could be "your day."

[This message has been edited by Leader (edited November 15, 2000).]

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
As a future physician I've had the opportunity to spend time with physicians in Emergency Room rotations. I've seen people on the verge of death for simply not wearing their seatbelts. Keep in mind that an Airbag is a "Supplemental Restraint System"... The key word here is "Supplemental." Without seat belts, airbags are virtually useless..
Eric....

·
Registered
650 Posts
The only part i hate about the IS is all the haters it attracts. For example- losers like QuikVR(sucks)6, Soundspeed, and other trolls..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Originally posted by EricK:
As a future physician I've had the opportunity to spend time with physicians in Emergency Room rotations. I've seen people on the verge of death for simply not wearing their seatbelts. Keep in mind that an Airbag is a "Supplemental Restraint System"... The key word here is "Supplemental." Without seat belts, airbags are virtually useless..
Eric....
While we are on the subject of airbags and seatbelts... What the heck are force limiting pre-tentioners? I seem to recall reading somewhere in the manual that these are on the IS and that they contain explosive charges like the airbags
?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts