Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a link to the cute little page i made... there is a little text too. if you have any questions what so ever don't hesitate to ask! i am happy to help you guys out!

want to see more pics?? click here!

[This message has been edited by shinestreetBen (edited December 11, 2000).]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry no sound... but like i said in the link i made, it is not really noticable at idle. and when we gave it a little gas... it was a low toned, deep sound.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Just a question but it looks like the muffler sticks out at an angle. Is thats what it does or does it just look like it?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
saltman i totally forgot that part. straight after they left my shop, they went to have it dyno'd. i should have results tomorrow! however, i do'nt think it will be all that much since it is just a rear muffler section (maybe 5hp at the most)

gpr you aren't imagining things. yes, it slants just like you see. that is the 5zigen fireballs trademark.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Originally posted by shinestreetBen:
saltman i totally forgot that part. straight after they left my shop, they went to have it dyno'd. i should have results tomorrow! however, i do'nt think it will be all that much since it is just a rear muffler section (maybe 5hp at the most)

gpr you aren't imagining things. yes, it slants just like you see. that is the 5zigen fireballs trademark.

thx

let us know

·
Registered
635 Posts
How much is the total cost for this, and where did u install it?
Nice!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Mark:
How much is the total cost for this, and where did u install it?
Nice!
and nutinbut

i don't post my pricing here, but if you give me a quick email [email protected] i will shoot you back a response in minutes. or if you have AOL's IM you can find me online.. my s/n is hdsben3!

thanks for the replies... i am more than happy to answer your questions!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Looks sweeeet!
Ed

------------------
1999 TL Non/Nav, Satin Silver/Ebony, Comptech Springs,Comptech Exhaust, Inspire tails, Air filter, Guy Smiley as my Co-driver...many many more..
1999 Miata Touring, RB springs, Koni adjustables, RB intake, RB roll bar, BBS RV 16x7 on 225/40/16 Sp9000's, Kickin' sound system, soon to have headers and BSP dual exhaust..Click here to see

·
Registered
120 Posts
shinestreetBen, what kind of wheels do you have and what size are they? Please include the offset also and the brand and size of your tires.
Your exhaust looks great, hope it sounds as good as it looks.
Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
35 Posts
those are racing hart M5 wheels

-bng
team koncept racing
import expo dec 16th!

'92 royal sapphire sc300
- veilside, hre, eibach/tokico, alpine, phoenix gold, image dynamics
'01 millenium silver is300

[This message has been edited by nopi*tkr (edited December 12, 2000).]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
risk3232 as you should have read on the little link i made, it comes with hangars that match up exactly to the stock joints! the piping is 2 1/2 inches.

openwide i wish it were my car
its actually john wu's from www.speedoptions.com he has the racing hart M5's

·
11,061 Posts
I want one too!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I ordered one from streeshineBen and installed it yesterday.

Like the original post said, the installation was easy - took about 15 minutes.

The exhaust is quiet at idle (like stock). It emits a pleasing deep low sound when accelerating - not too loud at all (unlike exhuast systems I've heard on other cars). There is no noticable performance gain although the car feels like it's "breathing better". I never expected a big boost in performance anyway.

I'd rather have it point straight back instead of angled to the right but it looks great anyway. Overall, I'm very pleased with it considering the cost and ease of installation.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts