Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine from work just bought an LX470, and he let me drive it. Damn this thing is so refined. It's got mounds of torque and infinite amenities (he got the DVD Nav too), and despite being a truck it's so quiet inside. I wish I had that kind of money.
If any of you rich folks (yeah you Eric) are thinking of buying an SUV, ponder at the LX470. I guarantee you won't be dissappointed. And perhaps strong sales would also help ensure its future (Toyota is thinking of killing the Cruiser, no thanks to the Sequoia).

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
hasanazhar,
I did test drive the LX470 and was indeed impressed but I'm one of those Anti-SUV people. I wrote in an earlier post describing the Audi All Road that I saw at the dealership. I went for a spin in one and was throughly impressed. I would be more inclined to go for an All Road over an LX470, however I'm not in the market for another new car...
Eric....

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited November 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I'm wondering just what the "Rich" Eric is doing here all the time? His car buying habits suggest he should be anywhere but here, whats up with that??

I drove the LandCruiser and LX470 same thing, the Lexus had a softer set of springs and better shocks. I bought the Mercedes as it was Substantailly quicker, and has a more car like driving experience and was 10K cheaper. The LX was huge but lacked interior and cargo capacity, it was so ssloooowwwww! And of course it drove like a truck.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by Doug:
I'm wondering just what the "Rich" Eric is doing here all the time? His car buying habits suggest he should be anywhere but here, whats up with that??
Sorry Doug, would you rather I leave? I just like spending my time on here... What's the problem?
Eric...

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Also Doug, your Beloved mrclam has a BMW M3 and he also has just as many posts as I do on here...
Eric...

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Just wondering, I only occasionally have something worthwile to contribute, I am otherwise here for entertainment purposes only. You seem to express a lot of interest in a somewhat mundane car especially since you say that you have one of what I would consider a few supercars in the E55.

I think the TT is cool too, but again, its really a stretch between the two cars???? Just callin ya out bro...

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
ok, let me explain how I got here and why I stayed here.... I knew about the IS300 awhile ago and was convincing my friend to buy one. So I stumbled across IS300.net to find out more info on the car (at the time I was driving a Lexus GS400 so I was a Lexus owner)... My friend ended up buying a Silver Tiptronic Audi S4 instead, but I stayed here because the most of the people on here were very pleasant and knowledgable on cars in general. I no longer own a Lexus, and have the AMG & TT. So why am I here? Well for one I have gone to the other message boards and don't think they compare at all to this one. I do still think the IS300 is a great car and I'm trying to convice my sister to trade her A4 in for one. I enjoy posting here and reading about what other have to say, so I feel I have no reason to leave.
Eric...

[From TEG: Glad you feel at home here, EricK... ]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited November 07, 2000).]

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sorry to get back to the subject

Anyways I have toyed with the idea of getting an LX470 to replace the Explorer here one of these days. The Explorer is good for snow etc, but it really kinda lacks on long trips. Something like an LX470 with a smooth quiet ride and lots of space would do real well on road trips. $63,000 is a lot of money to spend on a trip vehicle though.

I also am a little mysified by people who think higher income individuals lead these swinging kind of party lives. Why wouldn't we be on here? Why is it okay for someone who makes an average income to spend time on the Internet, and someone with an above average income gets questioned? I dont know about others, but I vary rarely stop off on my way home from work to party and stuff $10 bills down women's brazzires. I come home at the end of the day and blow off some steam online just like everyone else does.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Yeah us higher income guys who aren't hangin at "Tiffany's" are usually adding another coat of Zaino. LOL Actually, if like me, you work out of your home, then it makes sense that you would spend more time online, how about you Eric??

Stephen, Have you checked out the MBZ?? Its a very good road car. I have yet to take it in the snow, but the ESP(active handling) is excellent.

I really liked the LX, just too much money and not quite in character for me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Originally posted by Stephen:
Anyways I have toyed with the idea of getting an LX470 to replace the Explorer here one of these days... $63,000 is a lot of money to spend on a trip vehicle though.
Agreed. I can't imagine spending $63K to get a little "L" on a Land Cruiser.
What a colossal waste of money. I'll be the first to give Lexus kudos in the marketing department when it comes to understanding how pompous most Americans are.

Oh, c'mon! Who am I kidding? I'm a jealous wisher-hater and I'm hooked on phonics!

·
15,322 Posts
i was thinking the same thing, why pay 10 gs more jsut to get a slightly different grill and an L instead of a T, but if you are getting a third seat on the Landcruiser and soem basic options, it would put you at the price of the LX, and the LX comes with the third seat so if you do plan on getting options (not fully loaded, mind you) and need a third seat, you might as well pay a thousand or two more and get the LX.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Originally posted by DonCorleone:
i was thinking the same thing, why pay 10 gs more jsut to get a slightly different grill and an L instead of a T, but if you are getting a third seat on the Landcruiser and soem basic options, it would put you at the price of the LX, and the LX comes with the third seat so if you do plan on getting options (not fully loaded, mind you) and need a third seat, you might as well pay a thousand or two more and get the LX.
Not to mention automatic height control and a semi-active (very semi at that...) suspension.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
AntiCt
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing