Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is...the manny thread, all my questions will be posted here, along with information i find along the way from other forums or websites....my questions served a purpose..as build time is about to begin slowly but surely, pictures will be posted along the way

this thread is intended mainly for the "newbs" wanting to learn a few things in one thread :)

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
+rep for ending the madness and getting it together.

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my co worker is building me a box to fit the contours of the trunk and still remove m spare tire...as far as beauty panels go or how to mount the amps..is another question lol i have an idea except im not sure if he will make the panels for me...dead center though i plan on having the lexus logo cut out with plexiglass under it ..lit in some sort of color...possibly orange to match the oem...but then theres the light change thread and its ver easy to change the bulbs in our cars...but apparentl the shifter light seems to be more of a pain in the ass to do...so ill work with the orange

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts
I'm finding different specs at different places for that sub. SonicElectronix said 82db sensitivity but that sounds unbelievably low; scary low. I checked the PPI website and the chart said 86db at 1watt/meter which isn't half bad. 16mm of Xmax isn't bad either. They're cheap enough to try at least once maybe.

Here are the specs acording to PPI. That black box is the specs chart. The text is also in black and doesn't show up so highlight it all if you want to read it. No idea why it's like that.
http://www.precisionpower.com/subwoofers/PCXseries.asp

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea i saw them at onlinecarstereo...i havent got any clear specs on them...they caught my attention because iv heard that ppi being mentioned as higher end stuff...and compared to that flat sub you sell it has the same type of ..ehhh cone? it was just as a possibilyt of it being a good sub due to that characteristic...i rather have a sub with high sensitivity to atleast help out with the lack of power not much but its something i guess

by the way...i decided not to use the capacitor...too many negative opinions...so i have to be nice to my alternator and get low powered subs....with a more efficent amp...both of my amps are d class so it should be enough

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have come to mY two final decisions... you guys understand specs a lot better than i do. so here are mY two choices: http://mobile.bostonacoustics.com/manuals/G1Man.pdf (G1-1224)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/TS-W303R_InstallationManual0522.pdf
(TS-W303R)

Basically what would be the better choice, in terms of efficiency,quality,sq,capability to play in small enclosures (sealed), and basically which one will give me more bass output

these choices were made based on price and low amount of rms and basically the highest sensitivity i could find..since in my case it would be an important factor i beleive

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
here it is....home...lmao ....so for the sake of just adding it here.....dynamat...amp...and mdf wood have been purchased for door speakers....measureing was done and with a 1inch mdf baffle a speaker with 2.5inch mounting depth will fit just fine with a little room for the window to slide through

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well..this is it...final speaker purchase was this......any opinions??
W 165 SLC NG - Rainbow SLC NG 6.5" Midrange Speakers

TW19TLP TW-19TLP - CDT Audio 19mm Titanium Dome Tweeters w/LP-1 level control unit

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.