Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my digital designs component set in today, and man are they heavy, powerful, and sound great. Gonna wire them up this week when my deadener comes in. Now all I need is the DLS A5 3ch amp, and a nice sub, and I'm done. My only gripe about the component set is that it has one of the worst crossovers I have ever encountered. I'm gonna use my memphis crossovers for the adjustability and reliability

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'll get you one. It's just a woofer crossover for one. 2. not adjustable. 3. you can only do 0db and -3db. it's just cheap and horrible. lol. But the woofers are outstanding

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Sweet, how big are those tweeters? Do u plan to stuff them in the factory tweeter housings?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the tweeters are big. It's gonna be a challenge getting them in factory housing. Might have to dremel some of the plastic away.

Here is the crossovers. At first I thought they I got the wrong ones, but that's what was on the installation paper. It mentions nothing about a tweeter hookup.

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts
Hmmm, the tweeters probably have a cap on them in line somewhere.

If you're going to dremel some material off for fitment make sure you use some tape over the grill so you don't get pieces of junk in the tweeter.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm, the tweeters probably have a cap on them in line somewhere.

If you're going to dremel some material off for fitment make sure you use some tape over the grill so you don't get pieces of junk in the tweeter.
if the tweeters have a cap somewhere, its built into the tweeter housing itself. It's no where in line with the wire.

as for the tweeter, I got it mounted, and after I took apart the housing, everything was fine.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
there is nothing on the woofer itself. But it's all good, I like the memphis crossovers anyway

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.