Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you'd appreciate this latest story about the Lexus dealer in Huntsville. I went in there this morning to see when they expected delivery on the SportCross.

The salesguy that asked me if I needed help, didn't even know about the SportCross model! He said,"if Lexus is going to bring that model out this year, we don't have any info on it yet." I was incredulous and asked if he was a Lexus salesman. At that point,, another salesman had overhead and came over. While he knew about the SportCross, he said delivery was "sometime in Sep." When I pointed out that the official Lexus web site said an Aug delivery and that some dealers already had their initial allocations, they became embarrased (other customers in the showroom were starting to take notice) and asked me to leave.

Unbelievable. Where do they find these guys?

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: Italian Stallion ]

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. I suspect they were becoming embarassed as a number of other customers were in there .... including one couple who appeared to be in negogiations over buying a car. (Had I been in there, overhearing that kind of a conversation would have convinced me to go elsewhere.

Lexus of Huntsville is the best thing going for the OTHER surrounding dealers in the SE.

Originally posted by SilverLex:
Asked you to leave?! Did they give you a reason?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Well that seems to futher reinforce the fact that a customer that follows a particular vehicle closely is usually better informed than the salesman. That wasn't the case with my salesman (he drives an IS), but I encountered 4 or 5 in my journeys that only knew what the brochure had printed.

Not all of them are going to hang out on boards like this and follow it's every move - after all, they don't just sell the IS300, and if they're going to focus any of their attention on just one vehicle, it'd probably be the LS and GS (bigger commissions).

But in that dealership's case, it seems like they're a little behind on things.

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: SilverLex ]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Now I'm completely sure that this place is a crappy Lexus dealership, but is there any chance that you were getting loud or slightly belligerent? I speculated this because you said people were starting to look, even people that were closing a deal on a car and that you were asked to leave.

I'm sure as a minority (that ALWAYS dresses casual) that I have been snubbed and ignored at high end car dealerships as much as anyone else, but I have *NEVER* been asked to leave.

·
8,880 Posts
If they ask you to leave w/o a valid reason, you can, probably, sue them.
You are a customer who they refuse to "serve."

P.S.
To see if a salesperson follows up w/ this board, just say your screen name is "Italian Stallion" and he/she should know right away you're shopping for the wagon (we all do).
Heh heh

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had my order in now, for several months with Henessey Lexus in Atlanta. The guys I've dealt with there (Michael their Internet Salesman, & Brett, their Autobytel POC) are both knowledgebable, professional and efficient. They make the Huntsville Lexus salespeople look like Neanderthals.

I don't expect every Lexus saleperson to be web-proficient (or to even know how to use the web.) But ..... I DO expect them to be proficient on what they are selling. Heck, isn't that what "salespeople" are supposed to do??

Yet, virtually everytime I've been into Lexus of Huntsville, I walk away with the distinct impression that the salespeople haven't even bothered to read thekir own sales literature. Like the time last December when the salesguy couldn't even answer simple questions like "Does this thing (I was looking at an RX300) have side air-bags." Worse yet, he was making up wrong answers, instead of saying he didn't know, but could find out, etc.

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: Italian Stallion ]

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Have you guys heard the radio commericial for Lexus Pre-Owned? The first part is this salesguy talking and he's saying something like "Yeah, we sell Lexus cars, there over there. Yeah, our cars are certified... Bonified, qualified, whatever. Yeah, we check them out for um, lots of things..."

It's that attitude that drives me nuts (and Kudos to Lexus' ad agency for picking up on it). Don't make something up when you're talking to me. Give me the answer, or tell me you don't know...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
tony
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing