Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me start off by saying I am a proud owner of a SBM IS300 and I'm not trying to start a flame war. I'm simply stating my opinion and take on the IS300.

OK now here's what I mean by the subject:
When I say rice boy I don't mean it in a derogatory fashion. What I'm saying is that in stock form the IS300 already has that aftermarket look with the ALTEZZA lights, racing pedals, ball shifter and large exhaust. So straight from the factory you already get that "Import Tuner" look.

This is why I bought the car. I actually thought I was looking at a souped up Civic when I first saw the IS300 (uh oh, I'm going to nailed for that statement!). Previous to the IS300 I had a fixed up Eclipse. But I got sick of the relaibility issues with all the different mods I had on, plus needed a sporty 4dr family car. To me, the IS300 has that rice boy, import tuner look straight from the factory. Combine that with Lexus quality and service, made this car an instant sell for me. My wife liked it because I didn't have to rip up the car to gat that "tuner" look.

When I look at other fixed up imports, (or trying to be fixed up imports), especially ones with Alteeza aftermarket lights, I don't mind, they're just havin fun with it.

I try to avoid that "ewwwww I'm better then you" snobby attitude. Besides, the way I see it, my car is rice boyish already.

I neat thing is that I didn't have to do anything to my car to get that import tuner look and oh by the way....it is a Lexus.

-------
Paul
SBM IS300 w/ 18s, factory wing, and alum dash

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
if anyone starts giving you sh*t i'll be the first one to flame them back :p

**WARNING** to all possibly flamers, shut up before i have to shut you up ...he he jk

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
if anyone starts giving you sh*t i'll be the first one to flame them back :p

**WARNING** to all possibly flamers, shut up before i have to shut you up ...he he jk
"flame"

do your worst, clam

·
Registered
49 Posts
oh common

as long as you don't stick silly whale wings, stickers galore, and paint the IS300 hot pink or something, then it's not a riced up car.

·
Registered
626 Posts
We can beat this over and over again in any type of thread with any type of title.

Bottom line is the IS 300 is a very nice car just as the others in the price range. To each their own.

I love the car, I am happy with my choice. Rice look or not it is saweeeeeeeeet my friend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts