Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
earlier today I was driving through union New Jersey and I stopped at a gas station. Out of nowhere 4 of the biggest black men I have ever seen in my life are standing around my car. They loved it, they were telling me how the tail lights were hot, and how the stock 17's were hot. I ended up having like a 10 minute conversation with these guys. Anyone else notice things like this??

·
8,880 Posts
I once parked near a mall and have seen a couple black dudes checking out my car from the back. By the look in their faces they liked it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i see racism exists on this board. Listen...ur cars are wack..they were saying it was hot becuase they didnt want you to call the police..we kno how white folks react to blacks...hold on to your purse harder or call the cops. **** yall...BMWs arethe illest rides around

·
Registered
94 Posts
yea, 330I is the illest ride around, if you wanna pay 45k. And don't give me any of that, it only cost as much as the IS, cuz it doesn't. Your car comes with leatterette (paper leather), so you have to buy 10k worth of options if you want the stuff we get standard from our car.

·
8,880 Posts
I guess this just goes to show who the real racist is. In our opinion, the black people cheching out IS have good taste. It is a compliment.
I guess you (BMW330ciNJ) do "hold on to your purse harder or call the cops" whenever you see black people looking at your car. Either your ride is whack or you've got a complex.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I think the IS gets props everywhere...not only the ghetto. Every mug and their mother has been staring at my car ever since I got it.

Reefa

Originally posted by zachase:
earlier today I was driving through union New Jersey and I stopped at a gas station. Out of nowhere 4 of the biggest black men I have ever seen in my life are standing around my car. They loved it, they were telling me how the tail lights were hot, and how the stock 17's were hot. I ended up having like a 10 minute conversation with these guys. Anyone else notice things like this??

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
you should be castrated, so that the gene pool can be that much better after you aren't able to procreate.

also, your parents should be held accountable for having you in the first place.

Originally posted by BMW330ciNJ:
i see racism exists on this board. Listen...ur cars are wack..they were saying it was hot becuase they didnt want you to call the police..we kno how white folks react to blacks...hold on to your purse harder or call the cops. **** yall...BMWs arethe illest rides around

·
Registered
27 Posts
I really hope you weren't associating ghetto to the Black race.

I am sure that there are people (black, white, pink, brown, yellow, blue, purple, etc.) that find your car attractive.

What don't you think that Black people are capable of admiring fine cars?

Your statement definitely has a condescending flavour to it, and conveys a perception of racial bigotry.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sorry if I caused all this racism crap, but I was referring to union as the ghetto, not the black people, they just happened to be in the ghetto. And 330ci do you have a life? Is this what you do? you go to boards where nobody gives a s**t what you think and try to convince everyone that your car is better. If your car is so good, what the f**k do you do all day on your computer? GO and drive it! Well yes the 330 is a better car than my IS (I say the 330, cause with a dumbs**t like you behind the wheel its a piece of crap)but every s4, m3, porsche, and mercedes amg are better. So go get a life you f***ing loser.

Ripping on this **** monkey is very therapeutic, you should all try it some time

·
Registered
818 Posts
Sorry Zachase, but you cant turn this around on that 330 guy, idiot that he appears to be. YOU were the one that started this thread, and as a person of color, I find it offensive. Im almost certain that there was no disrespect intended, but I dont see how the race of people admiring your car is relevant. It doesnt really seem necessary to bring up the fact that "big black guys" were "surrounding" your car.

Get with it, Z

Originally posted by zachase:
I'm sorry if I caused all this racism crap, but I was referring to union as the ghetto, not the black people, they just happened to be in the ghetto. And 330ci do you have a life? Is this what you do? you go to boards where nobody gives a s**t what you think and try to convince everyone that your car is better. If your car is so good, what the f**k do you do all day on your computer? GO and drive it! Well yes the 330 is a better car than my IS (I say the 330, cause with a dumbs**t like you behind the wheel its a piece of crap)but every s4, m3, porsche, and mercedes amg are better. So go get a life you f***ing loser.

Ripping on this **** monkey is very therapeutic, you should all try it some time

------------------
Justy
99 328i
01 IS300

·
Registered
365 Posts
Originally posted by vlad_a:
I once parked near a mall and have seen a couple black dudes checking out my car from the back. By the look in their faces they liked it.
You and zachase are pathetic... I agree totally with ISsoon... What the hell does the color of their skin have to do with anything?

[This message has been edited by Nelly (edited January 21, 2001).]

·
Registered
25 Posts
everyone needs to calm dowm and by an intake or exhaust system. everyone lighten up, who cares about this post just don't reply and it'll be over in a few days.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yeah IS300 are hot in the ghettos of NYC
No one cares if a Bimmer or M3 drives by, but the minutes i stop at the light and my chrome flashes em, they gotta look twice! Every ghetto thug wannabee gets a used 3series and tries too hook it up so it nothing fancy anymore... they just played out. Why someone would buy a Bimmer is beside me? I would never spend over $45k for such a small car. I'd go for an I30 or somethin.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by Reefa:
I think the IS gets props everywhere...not only the ghetto. Every mug and their mother has been staring at my car ever since I got it.

Reefa

I agree w/ Reefa, I've been getting alot of double takes on the road. First week I got the IS300, the dude at the In N Out drive up
was totally! giving me props as I rolled his way

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
First week I got mine, these two brothers asked me how the car was. The week after that, brothers in an Audi reversed three car lenghts in the middle of the street to ask me how much HP the car had. Brothers like finer things in life.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Originally posted by PMD911:
First week I got mine, these two brothers asked me how the car was. The week after that, brothers in an Audi reversed three car lenghts in the middle of the street to ask me how much HP the car had. Brothers like finer things in life.
"We're brothers.... we're happy and we're singin and we're colored.... gimmie a high---five!"

Interesting choice of words PMD...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
16 Participants
AltezzaRoku
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing