Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They used the Enzo in that comparison because the F430's F1 tranny shifts in 0.06 sec...
Eric....

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
I hope all the tools not will stop complaining about this tranny sucking in comparison to DSG or other Semi-Manual Gearboxes. It's not manual, but it's as good as it gets from Automatic perspective.

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
That is amazingly fast. I wonder how does it compare to the M3's new DCT.
"man, in the long run, you're just driving and revamped toyota. who the hell drives automatics anyway...oh yea, pussies."

-bmwforums

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Not to take away from the accomplishment as I do believe it's a technical breakthrough for torque converter type trannies, but this metric does not take into account the time, in paddle shift mode, that it takes for the system to register and process the pull on the paddle to when the mechanicals actually begin the shift. The .1 only is the time the mechanicals take to shift. Time for the whole process from pull to shift is roughly twice the time.

But then again, when you're driving, you're probably gonna get use to the timing of the system and get what you need asap anyways.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
"man, in the long run, you're just driving and revamped toyota. who the hell drives automatics anyway...oh yea, pussies."

-bmwforums
So true,.....Alonso, Shumi, Hill, Mansell, Hamilton,.....they're all a bunch of paddle shifting pussies.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
From driving it yesterday at the track, I can say that it is a damn fast tranny! Highly impressed with it.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts