Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last friday my friends older brother turned 16. Since we're in the US he gets his lisence then. His first car---a racing modified Lexus IS 300---the car I'd kill for! I think it's messed up that some rich kid gets a souped up IS for his first car!

Sorry just had to get that out of my system.

Does anyone else in here under 18 have a racing modified IS 300? Is it your first car?

iYouth™
[email protected]
Scmaps.org 2k1(Http://www.scmaps.org) Coming soon!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think thats cool if he is has a is300,as long as hes not big headed. like most people around here...........(joking)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Race Mot???/ whatever, that means, according to the guy selling the car, " It is totally tricked out, its a racing modi.IS 300, it has a K & N, and some stickers on it."

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
hey dont disrespect stickers...
man thats bolt on, oh my bad, stick on horsepower right there.
the bigger and brighter the more horsepower...
y'all know this...
especially if its incorrect, like putting a VTEC sticker on the IS, not not only do you have VVT-i which comes with it, but slap on that sticker and you got VTEC too.
you know thats bad @$$...
man i wanna raced *cough* rice *cough* modified IS... mines just stock for now...

[This message has been edited by LexDymndz (edited January 17, 2001).]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok if it really means that much to you peepz...

Bigger rear and front spoiler, leather interior, premium sound, racing stripes, more powerful headlights, suspension, lowered

sorry if i was a little bit "incorrect"

lol u guys really r losers

iYouth™
[email protected]
Scmaps.org 2k1(Http://www.scmaps.org) Coming soon!

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
higher powered headlights, hmm... the IS already has HIDs how much higher can you get? racing stripes LOL, leather interior, hmm... the IS already has a leather option, not full leather, the escaine is better suited for racing, since it grips you to your seat...Bigger rear and front spoiler, so a front lip spoiler and a whale tail... premium sound, better speakers? amp? headunit? how does that make it racing mod? suspension, lowered, springs and coilovers? or just lowered? better handling, if done right, thats the only performance related mod on the whole damn car, most the other sh_t makes it slower (esp the coefficient of drag which deteriorates with a bad spoiler) hahaha what a retard. racing modified my ass, thats more like a swift intake, an hks, 5ziggen or borla exhaust and turbos, not racing strips... hahaha you have a lot of nerve calling ppl you dont know losers. and thanks for giving out your icq number and your aim too, see how many love letters from those you have offended.
[email protected]
Scmaps.org 2k1(Http://www.scmaps.org)

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
alright i'm cool i make starcraft maps!!!! i'm 16 and proud!!!!! LET ME BASK IN MY STUPIDITY......and he says we have no lives....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok my bad so its not really racing mods its just a like a little icing on the pie

wat i was sayin the first time is that its kinda messed up a 16 year old has a 35k first car---hes gonna crash it

and i was just playin wit you b chill man
and i ain't 16 beotch

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Originally posted by iYouth:
Bigger rear and front spoiler, leather interior, premium sound, racing stripes, more powerful headlights, suspension, lowered
adding that stuff makes your car souped up? Man where have I been? I should tell my friend who spent all his money on putting an intake, exhaust, bolt on turbos, etc that he wasted his money on souping up his accord and he should've just gotten racing stripes and more powerful headlights. If he did that instead his car would've been running low 9's.

*i hope you notice the sarcasm*

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well, my first car will be the IS. I just turned 16 in September. And I'm very lucky to be getting and IS and very thankful.

Hey anyone interested in the CORVETTE!!!!?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hey, I'm getting IS in April, and I'm freaking 16. I don't think it's massed up that I'm getting IS because I'll be responsible about it. What is it so massed up that 16 yrs. old getting IS as long as they act responsibly about it? I don't understand, man. And believe it or not, you'll want a car like IS when you turn 16 and get your license. I'm one of the lucky 16 yrs. olds who get 35k car for a first car, and I'm really thankful about it. And, no. I'm not going to act like some rich-ass or anything like that. Damn. My point is that it is not massed up as long as we act responsibly about it.

------------------
K.P.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
"...more powerful headlights"

*ROTFLMAO!!!!*

Scott.

------------------
...yet another proud owner of a fully loaded Graphite Gray Pearl '01 IS300

·
Registered
333 Posts
If your 16 and getting an IS, you will crash it! Your first car will be crashed, I promise you. Everybody I know, and I'm old, crashed their first car. I think its a right of passage. If you were smart, you'd get a Suburban, Tahoe, something like that for a first car. Much safer! The problem with a sixteen year old having this car is a lot of people will be jealous of you and the car will take the punishment.(get keyed or kicked).
Your driving abilities are not as good as you think at 16, 17, or 18. Trust me, I was one of those kids who got a sports car @ 17. Rolled it. So did EVERY ONE OF MY FRIENDS

·
Registered
112 Posts
A) iYOUTH -- stop acting like a fool, you have no idea about cars... and the IS300 is slow even with your racing stripes and more powerful headlights.... Come up here and I'll show you what a fast car is....

B)I agree a 35k car is way to much for a newbie driver.... even if I was super rich I wouldn't give that to my son, I'd give him an Si or something under 20k for his FIRST car... if I was rich that is....

C)Hunt NXS -- you must suck at driving, cause I've been doing it since I was 14 (illegally, do I condone this? Nope) for a long time and I USED to race all the time but I never crashed the car, I respected it... of course I also knew how to control understeer and oversteer and what not at that age as well....

D)A Suburban is a piece of crap
I wouldn't give to an enemy... if you want a safe slow car get a Subaru Impreza L or something.... can't get much safer than that at a cheap price.....

Anyways.... nuff said....

·
Registered
333 Posts
Omni, I was driving before you were born! We'll just wait and see. Later you'll be posting, "I totalled my car". You have no idea, and yes I used to be a cop and know about 16 year old kids in a sports car. Why do you think your insurance rates are off the Wall?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts