Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the Hippo Sleek bumper has arrived, been painted, and put on the car. Installed my custom painted headlights and fogs, and the result is pretty impressive, in my opinion...

Now it is time for your opinions...

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
charchar said:
Sweet...I just think you should change your tint to black instead of the metallic kind. It would match the rest of your car better. Just my .02
I couldn't agree with you more on this... I have been tossing the idea in my head to have that tint removed and getting a very light smoked tint, or maybe a charcoal tint... 50%, which would be legal.

And yes, this bumper SCREAMS for an intercooler. I must bide my time... :wink:

Oh, and Special thanks go out to Anna and Mark Yuen (MrMark) at Modified Motorsports (formerly SKR Performance). They were the ones that got the bumper for me. It was a long wait, but well worth it. I would contact them if anyone is interested in this bumper or any other JDM kit...

Oh and Mark, there is very little ground clearance... I think it is lower now then it was with the ArmsDesign lip. I guess it is time for some coilovers so I car raise her up!

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dpatterson069 said:
ltunedgirl said:
you need to fill in that open space with something :wink:
isnt that extra space in the front bumper there so he can swallow civics as he runs them down? No?? hahhaa..

Ha! Yep, civics are yummy.

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oneeyejack said:
got any pics of the back?
Well, I have the black chrome tails now, but I used to have tail covers. I am not sure which I like better.

Maybe you guys can help me decide...

Old pic with tail covers:

New pic w/ Black chrome tails:

My other option is to try to figure out how to take my tails apart and paint the inside housing DWP.

Decisions, Decisions...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Black chrome tails look better with dark wheels and they match headlights and fogs.

Oh and you need to change your sig now!

·
Registered
290 Posts
looks awsome...i really like the hood and paint job on it...i have one suggestion...y dont u paint your hood pins white? I love the headlights and fogs! and hippo is a sick kit...kick ass car man :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts