Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from the looks of it A LOT of people are having the hesitation problem with their IS300s. is it a big deal with 2002s, or do you just have to get lucky? does anyone happen to have a video of the problem occuring? i'm still really thinking about getting one because the car looks so damn nice. i'll have to see about this hesitation thing first though..

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah i have an 02 is300 and i had sort of a hesitation issue, it was like after getting the car warmed up(driving like 20 miles) and then letting it sit for like a hour or so i could get in it and press on the gas and it would go, but then it was like i lost power and it would take a few seconds to come back, like i could be pulling out into the road and it would go just enough to get me in the middle of the road then i was a sitting duck for a couple seconds, any way i had the lexus dealer look at it and they did a bunch of things like flash the computer and god knows what else but the only thing that helped was cleaning the fuel injectors. lol who knew. anyway i dono if that sounds like what you have heard about but it was an easy fix

·
Registered
346 Posts
yeah i have an 02 is300 and i had sort of a hesitation issue, it was like after getting the car warmed up(driving like 20 miles) and then letting it sit for like a hour or so i could get in it and press on the gas and it would go, but then it was like i lost power and it would take a few seconds to come back, like i could be pulling out into the road and it would go just enough to get me in the middle of the road then i was a sitting duck for a couple seconds, any way i had the lexus dealer look at it and they did a bunch of things like flash the computer and god knows what else but the only thing that helped was cleaning the fuel injectors. lol who knew. anyway i dono if that sounds like what you have heard about but it was an easy fix
How much did it cost for the Lexus dealers to flash the ECU chip and do all those things?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Angel, there is a post about this problem. Search for "problems with the 2002 is300" on the Search thread. I been trying to learn answers on how to "fix" this problem but no one seems to reply to my post.>>"Clutch and ECU chip problem"<<. It shouldn't be that bad though, the hesitation problem feels like this...... "You are on a stop sign, completely stopped. Then when you are ready to go, you hit the gas, you can feel and hear the gas injecting to the engine, but your wheels are not moving, and after 2-3 seconds of a pause from the wheels, you go, you kinda hop." That means your car hesitated a little bit or correct me, someone, if I'm wrong. I get that currently with my 139,500 miles 1998 Toyota Avalon. I need a major tune-up. TO fix the problem on that is300, people say re-flash the ECU drive and get a tune up. I'm not sure though, read, search, and ask around. Take care Angel, and go for the is300, I am getting the 2002 is300 myself pretty soon too with 77,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Its not as bad on my car. It was one of those things i learned to live with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts