Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just to share with you all what i drove this weekend.
http://photos.yahoo.com/simonlau012

The GTR R-34, this car had approx.
US$ 30000 worth of upgrades on top of the list price. the arc titanium exhaust alone cost US$3000.

This car was so fast, the acceleration was incredible, my back was virtually pinned to the seat on 1/2/3 & 4th gear. You can actually hear tires screeching for traction on the first four gears. on a 4wd, then you know how much Hp this car has.

The noise of the blow off valves absolutely scared cars next to you. you don't need exhast noise in this car. the blow off valve noise is enough to keep you smiling.

the car has been dynoed at 620Hp at 1bar. The entire car only uses 2 brands of modification ARC and Nismo. all the power is perfectly tractible, boost comes in at 2500 rpm, and i need to change at 5000rpm, there was just too much power. we never needed to rev to the max 8500 rev limit.

or boy, never has a car brought such a smile to my face. felt so good seemed better that sex withmy girlfriend.

we drove the car on a morning drive session at 5am, when we passed cars (a few) on the highway they were travelling at around 100km but when we passed them
. they seemed to be at a standstill. i looked at the speedo it was at 220-230km, but the car felt like it ws doing around 120km. was rock stable

No wonder they call the GTR "godzilla", it is really the king of the road.

when i got back into my altezza, well .........
didn't feel the car moving barely. though i still like my car, i must save up for one of these. everyone who love cars must drive or own a gtr in a lifetime. its the ultimate experience !!!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Sorry, but I couldn't see any pict...
I havn't drive the GTR yet, but I have tried the 2.5GT R-34 with auto, and it feels about the same as IS.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
altezza, there are no pics in your yahoo or geocities thing, if you contact them to me, i will provide you with a place to post them.<P> <P>also, do you think you could get some pics of the skyline drive train, how the trans works, where the transfer case and front diff are, and how the axles connect to the front wheels for me? there are none where i live, and i can't find any pics of that on the net either, please, i would really appreciate it. thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IS300GTE on 2002-02-22 17:57 ]</font>

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry guys i have emailed the photos to IS300GTE, he will post them up to me shortly

thanks

simon

·
Registered
635 Posts
Nice car, thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sweeeeeet!!!
Just read in an Asian car mag that that R35 will be coming out soon. Rumour has it that it will be made available globally (right and left hand drive). Nissan is considering dropping the "Skyline" name, going for just Nissan GTR.

It should arrive just in time for my trade-in.

------------------

Peabers
'01 IS300 Graphite Grey Pearl/Black Cloth LSD

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
but rumor has it that the international version is still different than what Japan gets. Japan suppose to get the version with the improved RB26DETT engine while the rest of us suppose to get the engine from the R390 (detuned of course, but still at ~450hp). This is suppose to be the first car to break the 280hp limit in JDM, although there is another rumor saying that the car will be build outside of Japan to avoid the huge tax that will be put on for going over 280hp.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
here are altezzaR's pics, that i promised i would post

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the car was parked outside a workshop in happy valley(horse racecourse) in hk.

will try and take more pics when i see my friend again.

thx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
altezzaR
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing