Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, i've never done this before but i'm going to try to snap a pic everytime i get a mod and then just continue to update it as i go along.

Day 1, Feb. 28th 2006 I buy the IS! 2003 IBP 5 Speed 44k with 3yr/100k warranty from JM lexus!

Shortly a few weeks later (march 4th) i move to my first mod.
20% tint all around

I then started to move quickly and bought a RX330 antenna to replace the long one :) (march 20th)

Then i purchaced OBX front and rear clear markers and had Flatline tint them for me great turn out! (march 24th)

after going through the forums i found the black pearl emblem and fell in love. so i purchaced a used one! (march 27th)

After driving the car a while i wanted some sound, a mean tone of some sort. after going through threads and reading for many hours i made my decision and bout an HKS Drager II (april 18th) in this pic you can see the smoked marker.

To increase my need for speed i ordered up a K&N FIPK, gave it a nice tone when WOT! (april 25th)

Then i moved to some more style and talked with Justin over at AAC and got some smoked headlights I also got some lamin-x to apply to my head/fog lights to prevent them from rock chips (may 15th) in the pic i'm missing my fog lights because i took them out for justin to paint as well. you can also see the smoked front markers here in the pic

I really didn't like the front grill so i bought an oem SD one and got lucky, it came with an emblem! (may 16th)

To match the rear emblem i bought a black pearl licence plate frame (may 19th)

So now that i have the front all smoked out, i decided to move to the back. so i ordered some jdm tails, but when they arrived.. they were broken! :( (may 30th) i havn't been able to get this handled yet so they were never installed

I then bought a b&m shifter and put that puppy in. lemme tell you WOW what an improvement! (june 6th)

painted fogs (june 15th)

front matching BP emblem (june 21st)

PIAA ion yellow crystal bulbs for my DRL/high beams came in and i installed them today! (june 30th)

here's a before and after shot!

and some more photos...

So i finally recieved my tail lights from the fartman himself! the outcome? AMAZING! he was kind enough to polish them as well! man these puppys are soooo SMOOTH! anyway on with the pics! the lens inside the tail was smoked as well as the inner tail enjoy! (excuse the dirty car) (august 17)

CF hood! (august 23rd)

Fog mod! (august 24th) i made a little animated gif :) got the idea from thedon check it!

as promisted here are the LEDs i have installed!
Front dome

rear dome

Trunk light

Licence plate lights

installed the eyebrows today!

piaa ion yellow parking lights

And i have installed my coilovers!
tanabe s-0c type 1 with helper spring! they are all the way down!

work wheels

paired up with kdw2's YEAH!

on the car

Here's a video showing how tight the rears are!

Installed a Vis grill Vis lip and piaa ion yellow bulbs...

some recent pics

Painted calipers

NEW WHEELS! I got tired of the Works so i got something new and fresh! 18x 18x9 you tell me what you think?

new upgrades! a system! brembo rotors, ss lines (goodridge) new front tires. lemme tell you guys.. these generals are GREAT! quiet tires!

the system is hiphonics amp 1606d, 2 alpine type r's and i'm running the auxout mod, instead of a LOC, the best investment.

if you were wondering, why i have my oem exhaust on now, is because speedbumps suck.

on the list next:
hks limited ti
hood pins
LSD
carbon fiber trunk
black roof
new HID bulbs
Boost

Any suggestions? post up! thanks for reading! and i'll be updating this thread with i get more mods! :)

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
+ rep for nice clearn car! i like the headlights, is the protection on them clear? usually i see a blue protection. is ur current front emblem for the SD grill different from the stock? if so, LMK if u wanna sell it, im looking into getting an SD grill as well =)

·
Boostin in the 505
2,242 Posts
Its coming along. You know whats scary? Keep a track of how much you spend on every mod and add it up! Ha ha ha I started this when I bought my IS and when I go back and look at the list it shocks me everytime. I got stuff I forgot I even did!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ashhong said:
+ rep for nice clearn car! i like the headlights, is the protection on them clear? usually i see a blue protection. is ur current front emblem for the SD grill different from the stock? if so, LMK if u wanna sell it, im looking into getting an SD grill as well =)
hey thanks for the rep! yes the protection is CLEAR, the emblem from the stock is the same, it's the piece that has 2 prongs on the back of it that clips it in and out of the grill it's not a black pearl emblem it's stock chrome but BRAND NEW and yeah i'll sell it if you want it, just contact me through IM!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
baadhabit said:
looking good.. and nice L emblem.
thanks! i remember i bought it from you but a friend of mine picked it up, GREAT SELLER!!!!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tyler LaPointe said:
Its coming along. You know whats scary? Keep a track of how much you spend on every mod and add it up! Ha ha ha I started this when I bought my IS and when I go back and look at the list it shocks me everytime. I got stuff I forgot I even did!
i am keeping a on going count of money spend... trust me it's over 2g already.... and i havn't even done much.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Nice mods & diary; everything is coming along well! +rep

Reactions: antman

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RocaLEX said:
Nice mods & diary; everything is coming along well! +rep
thanks i will have updates soon! i recieved my front BP emblem today! waiting on new DRL lights, and then... i'm off to another mod.. any suggestions??

·
Dual Citizen
2,449 Posts
Car looks great bud. I like the direction you're taking it in. I'd say work on some suspension next. If you don't go for the coilovers then get some lowering springs asap.

I'll hook you up with another
if I can.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Since you're are focusing on the exterior, a brake caliper w/matching blue paint & silver or white decals may suit you well.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
T i h o r said:
Car looks great bud. I like the direction you're taking it in. I'd say work on some suspension next. If you don't go for the coilovers then get some lowering springs asap.

I'll hook you up with another
if I can.
thanks! yeah the next big mod is coils, i just havn't decided which ones to go with. i was thinking Tein CS but then found the tanabe comfort ones are just as good..

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RocaLEX said:
Since you're are focusing on the exterior, a brake caliper w/matching blue paint & silver or white decals may suit you well.
thanks for the idea, i think i just might do that.. eventually i'm going to do a BBK, but unsure what color caliper i should do.. hmm... decisions...

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
updated! will post some more pictures of other various items that i didn't include later on today or tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tyler LaPointe said:
how about some wheels, exhaust, intake?
hey, i have already posted pics of the exhaust, the intake i havn't yet but i will some time soon tomorrow. i havn't decided on what wheels i'm looking at yet, but they will be 19x8 and 19x9.5 fully polished.. thanks for looking

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
+rep for buying it on my Bday

Nice clean car

Reactions: antman
1 - 20 of 177 Posts