Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
But the Caparo would just break down or catch fire, so I dunno if we could trust any parts off of it. However, this debate between the Gumpert and the Caparo raises the issue of aerodynamics. We want something that is aerodynamic and will plant the car on the pavement, but not anything as catastrophically ugly as the Gumpert or Veyron. We also don't want the aerodynamics to be useless at slow speeds like the Caparo. I think if we can get the aerodynamic properties of the Veyron or Gumpert into something that looks like a 458 then we would be set.
What do you have in mind?

·
Registered
833 Posts
What do you have in mind?
Suspension wise? My vote still goes to the Gumpert since it is fully wrench adjustable. As for the aerodynamics, I think we are left to coming up with our own shape that meets the Veyron aerodynamics with the 458 looks requirement. Also, all the body panels and interior panels that would be made out of plastic will be made out of carbon fiber. Any metal pieces will be made out of magnesium, and I'm not sure about the chassis / frame, but that could be Magnesium as well, unless that would be too weak. Any fabric interior pieces such as door panel inserts and seats will be made from leather from a Kobe beef cow. No exceptions.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
So, how should we propose the body design? Why don't we make suggestions in:

front end:
middle:
rear:

format so that we get some variation and we're not just stuck out here arguing whether a 458 is prettier than an 8C.

Personally, I'm going to be just as interested in beauty as I am down force. Here's my vote:

front end: Ferrari 458
middle: Koenigsssssssssssegg CCX
rear: Ferrari 430

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,394 Posts
^Works for me.

And just a thought. Instead of having manually adjustable suspension (requiring tools and work) could we have that cool shit that changes density as you run electrical current through it? I know it has been used on some of the Audi's right? Lets go ahead and have Lotus use that technology after signing a non-compete (for Audi) and design our suspension geometry.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
For whatever body combination we come up with, someone is going to have to photoshop them together ;) Just an FYI!

·
Class III Aficionado
21,418 Posts
^Works for me.

And just a thought. Instead of having manually adjustable suspension (requiring tools and work) could we have that cool shit that changes density as you run electrical current through it? I know it has been used on some of the Audi's right? Lets go ahead and have Lotus use that technology after signing a non-compete (for Audi) and design our suspension geometry.
ferrofluid?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Eh, this car is already going to be too heavy for my tastes. :(

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
So is this like a car nerd's version of a D&D game?

·
Class III Aficionado
21,418 Posts
also i think the body should be ONE past or present body and not a mixture

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I say a street version of this bad boy:

I was originally going to say the MC8R, but didn't think it could fit a V10, but who really knows, and this isn't real, so maybe that could work.

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,394 Posts
I just realized that I think we strayed from the original idea which was to put together the ultimate car with pieces pulled from all the parts bins of every manufacturer.

·
9,703 Posts
I just realized that I think we strayed from the original idea which was to put together the ultimate car with pieces pulled from all the parts bins of every manufacturer.
But shouldn't be the body design original? If we just use a current or past body, let's say an F430, it'll be just a Ferrari with a different engine. We should use an original body design even if it is a concept car from the past or present, and i think it should be mid-engine. This one would be a good example, or maybe like a Ford GT90, kinda out dated though.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
So is this like a car nerd's version of a D&D game?
I stopped paying attention to this thread when the Lexus fanbois chose the LFA V10 as the most epic engine ever for a dream car.

·
Class III Aficionado
21,418 Posts
I stopped paying attention to this thread when the Lexus fanbois chose the LFA V10 as the most epic engine ever for a dream car.
im at that point now too. also there needs to be polls for all suggestions not just a ok i like that one so thats what we will use...but then again that would make too much sense.

·
Class III Aficionado
21,418 Posts
first you need nominations to be suggested within a time frame. then take those suggestions and make a poll. do this for all the categories for instance

body
chassis
engine
suspension
brakes
interior
stereo

then take all the winners and post pics for the ultimate car

61 - 80 of 122 Posts