Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is a what looks to be a nice turbo on ebay i looked up "is300 turbo"(ide paste the link but it wont let me... rediculous hp gains... youtube video with the kit on a supra.... nice sound. SUPER GOOD PRICING!!! has anyone on here used this... i have a automatic 2001 is300 daily driver bone stock... now... i wanna keep it a daily driver. n e one got n e suggestions about how i can get this on my car SAFELY... what do i need to make it run right and safe and is the kit worth it on an auto? what else do i need that the kit doesnt include to make it run right? (everything to the brand name and size) im really considering it unless someone on the sight tells me to try a different route... if i shouldnt take this route... n e one got a used vortech supercharger i can buy off of them? ima college student so i have to be careful since i plan on having the car for the 2 1/2 years i have left in college... then maybe that is f special edition in the flat black i saw on tv for the recap of the sema event... ne one know what its called? email me please on some advice on what i should do... [email protected]

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Go to SouthSideImports.net and do the stage 1 turbo setup. $3k installed. Also someone just asked about this eBay kit like a week or two ago. People said it was a BAD idea.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Thanks! I think so, I don't have it yet though. Not sure if you know it but the auto transmission on the IS300's can handle a ton of HP stock. Way more than than the manual can. The manual can only handle up to 350hp. I've been going back and fourth talking to them a bunch and it all sounds very reliable. I think all the people on here that have Lexotic in there names are part of that group or whatever.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
My name on SouthSideImports is Nicademus without the 323 by the way.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Browse around the go faster section of this forum if you're interested in learning about boost.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
what he ^^^ said. Ok no more posted on this thread. K?? good

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Thanks! I think so, I don't have it yet though. Not sure if you know it but the auto transmission on the IS300's can handle a ton of HP stock. Way more than than the manual can. The manual can only handle up to 350hp. I've been going back and fourth talking to them a bunch and it all sounds very reliable. I think all the people on here that have Lexotic in there names are part of that group or whatever.

first. the auto tranny cannot hold TONS of power over the manual. you're talking about a difference of 50 rwhp or so. the auto tranny with valvebody upgrade can hold about 400 rwhp reliably.. thats not a TON more than the manual.

as for your last comment...
I think all the people on here that have Lexotic in there names are part of that group or whatever.

please don't confuse B.O.D.I. and Lexotic Concepts. we are not one in the same. Andy aka MKIV_4dr is a member of Lexotic, but is the main man behind B.O.D.I. He also is a co-founder/member/admin of SouthSideImports which is our forum/team, but again, not one in the same as B.O.D.I.

Lexotic Concepts and SouthSideImports both support Andy in his attempts at providing a reasonably priced solution for boost, however we are not the same entity.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts