Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it me or the damm program wont work for life. I mean I spend an average of 3-5 hrs a night trying my chance to win the car. Only thing is I hope what I am turning in is not as bad as the preview. I got a Pentium III with 128 MB ram a 8Mb AGP graphics card with DSL serivce on top. I still have problems. I did make one that alot of people have been impressed.. Post what you think of the contest so others can share in the problems and opinons.

------------------
'00 Civic Si
'99 BMW M3

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
The edit bay plug in is fussy about hardware.

One of my machines works pretty well, but has no sound.

The other has sound but the playback is choppy.

I am tempted to tell people not to bother just to limit the competition, but once you do get the edit bay working right it is sort of fun.

I also want to post my entry, but then it would give away the ideas and might even disqualify me from the contest (Lexus probably wants to be the one to "premiere" the winning entry).

Maybe after the contest is closed to new entries we can all (at least) post the title of our masterpiece.

I whipped mine out in 3 hours and submitted it already. I probably should have waited in case I thought of some improvements, but I just couldn't resist the urge to submit...

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Another thing - some text never looked
completely readable on top of some
stills & clips no mattter what text
color I picked.

I am assuming that when Lexus "generates"
the results from the "real" footage it
will look better since we have limited
resolution and colors.

I wonder if Lexus is going to generate
the full resolution versions of every
entry when they start judging or if they
will "pre-judged" based on the small clips.

I also wonder if Lexus people will be judging
or just their ad agency.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Another thing - they accept contest entries
without making a video at all.

I wonder if that is a seperate contest with
a second IS300 being offered, or if (in fact)
someone may win the car who didn't make a video at all...

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
is it true that i can only submit one commercial? It seems that the only thing i need is a valid e-mail address.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
They ask for your full address when you
finally submit your entry...

It does say in the rules one entry per person, so you better stick to one
unless you want to get disqualified...

·
2,909 Posts
Try to find someone who has a "T1" connection
it makes a huge difference when woring w/ their "edit bay". You might not be able to do as well because of the precise look you may want. So don't be discouraged I experienced the same problem originally.

Originally posted by BatuKing:
is it me or the damm program wont work for life. I mean I spend an average of 3-5 hrs a night trying my chance to win the car. Only thing is I hope what I am turning in is not as bad as the preview. I got a Pentium III with 128 MB ram a 8Mb AGP graphics card with DSL serivce on top. I still have problems. I did make one that alot of people have been impressed.. Post what you think of the contest so others can share in the problems and opinons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
jiggafett
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing