Lexus IS Forum banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Bumping this thread.

Anyone know what kind of double sided tape is used on the L-tuned spoiler? (regular 3M double sided? 3M Foam tape?, thickness? etc)
Is adhesion promoter required for that as well?

I hope someone who has installed theirs can give me some feedback. Looked everywhere :approve:

I have double sided tape on my L-Tuned spoiler, but I have long forgotten what type of tape was used

In addition to the tape, my body shop also put in 2 brackets under the spoiler on each side, securing the spoiler to my trunk lid

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I have double sided tape on my L-Tuned spoiler, but I have long forgotten what type of tape was used

In addition to the tape, my body shop also put in 2 brackets under the spoiler on each side, securing the spoiler to my trunk lid
Thank you! I will do this as well. I've seen the U type brackets used in TRD spoiler applications so I'm assuming its the same. I appreciate your response.

·
Latex salesman
5,625 Posts
Dayum!!! What a tremendous thread. You certainly did your homework and research. Your passion is remarkable. Outstanding!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Bumping this thread.

Anyone know what kind of double sided tape is used on the L-tuned spoiler? (regular 3M double sided? 3M Foam tape?, thickness? etc)
Is adhesion promoter required for that as well?

I hope someone who has installed theirs can give me some feedback. Looked everywhere :approve:
Didn't see this earlier but for body mouldings or spoliers, 3M has a good one at body shops as mentioned. The only thing I would add is to use a heat gun during install and before you place the two together. The extra heat can make a big difference in getting them to stick

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Didn't see this earlier but for body mouldings or spoliers, 3M has a good one at body shops as mentioned. The only thing I would add is to use a heat gun during install and before you place the two together. The extra heat can make a big difference in getting them to stick
Thanks! :approve: I have a heat gun so I'll make sure to use it with this and the rest of my kit. I'll try to find out exactly which 3M tape is used for the spoiler.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I resized the L-tuned badge templates from the first page. Thank you to whoever uploaded those. They were too small on the PDF file, so I measured and resized them. They are ready to print. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
This sucks, I wish I saw this thread or paid attention to it when I got my first IS a few years ago. It had a bunch of L-Tuned shit (emblems and rear lip) and I just wrote it off as being bobo shit because I didnt know better and ended up giving it away :'(

121 - 132 of 132 Posts