Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
the L-tuned exhaust = HKS Ti-limited (without the ti tip)

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Yeah, I wanted to be different from others about the L-tuned emblems. I installed my rear under the rear right fog light to keep the debadge trunk clean. And the sides emblems are on my side quarter windows, I didn't want any on my front fenders 'cuz black emblems would stick out too much on a white car... just my preference... hehehe!
I figured why not post a picture, as it is now your brothers problem!...besides some people may like it placed there to be different.

I actually think it looks good there, as you are debadged anyways (even though it looks like a dealer sticker).

Digger08

·
Registered
6,488 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Fantastic write up! Anyone know the diameter of the Ltuned fog lights? I am looking to get TRD replica or something similar to the Ltuned but I want to make sure I find the correct fog lights that would fit. Finding real ltuned products these days is like trying to win the lotto.

Thanks in advance.

Figured it out....4 inch diameter guys.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also worth mentioning is that the L-tuned front bumper was based on the Legana, which many my.is members seem to call TRD Neo 1 for some reason.

The Legana bumper was developed for the IS200 that took part in the Targa Tasmania rally in 1999 and it got its name from a small township the first leg passes through. That year, the IS finished first in its class and also won in 2000 and 2001.

Legana bumper - Toyota part number (Platinum ice/MSM): 08164-53010-B0
Legana fog lights - 08590-53020

Both the bumper and the fog lights can still be bought from Toyota dealers in Japan and Australia. I ordered mine from a Toyota dealer in Tokyo and four days later my package arrived :)

Here's my supercharged IS200 with Legana bodykit (front bumper, TRD sideskirts and TRD rear skirt). I've also imported a set of L-tuned rims - VERSUS Campionato SS7 by Rays Engineering.

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
p.lindblom, beautiful!! any pics of the interior?, i see you have manual tranny..

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Also worth mentioning is that the L-tuned front bumper was based on the Legana, which many my.is members seem to call TRD Neo 1 for some reason.

The Legana bumper was developed for the IS200 that took part in the Targa Tasmania rally in 1999 and it got its name from a small township the first leg passes through. That year, the IS finished first in its class and also won in 2000 and 2001.

Legana bumper - Toyota part number (Platinum ice/MSM): 08164-53010-B0
Legana fog lights - 08590-53020

Both the bumper and the fog lights can still be bought from Toyota dealers in Japan and Australia. I ordered mine from a Toyota dealer in Tokyo and four days later my package arrived :)

Here's my supercharged IS200 with Legana bodykit (front bumper, TRD sideskirts and TRD rear skirt). I've also imported a set of L-tuned rims - VERSUS Campionato SS7 by Rays Engineering.

Outstanding!
Thanks for posting this bit of info. Learned something new today about L-Tuned and that almost never happens! :)

Legana-Tuned it is!

So to confirm, the NEO part number and Legana part number are the same Toyota part number?

Now who can tell me the difference between the NEO version 1 and version 2?

·
Registered
12 Posts
P.Lindblom!! i recognize you from the UK LOC boards!!

I read your DIY on retrofitting a portable navi into the IS and I couldn't be happier with my own retrofit =)

nice to see you here on my.IS!

oh yeah, and very nice L-Tuned (Legana over where you are) car! :p
Thank you. I haven't been to the LOC UK boards for a long time. Glad to hear my DIY helped you :)

p.lindblom, beautiful!! any pics of the interior?, i see you have manual tranny..
Yep, it's got the standard 6-speed manual gearbox. You can find quite a few pictures of most of the details here: http://www.garaget.org/?car=56311

Outstanding!
Thanks for posting this bit of info. Learned something new today about L-Tuned and that almost never happens! :)

Legana-Tuned it is!

So to confirm, the NEO part number and Legana part number are the same Toyota part number?

Now who can tell me the difference between the NEO version 1 and version 2?
No problem :)

"TRD NEO 1" is just another name for the Legana bumper, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd love to know where the name comes from, though, as it doesn't seem to be used in any country where you can actually buy the bumper :bigSmile:

I don't remember what the "TRD NEO 2" bumper is called in Europe and Asia, but I will let you know when I find out again. Here's a picture of the original Legana replacement:

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Wow that is awesome information p.lindblom.
I am so excited cause I just bought a Legana front bumper yesterday so it is on its way!
The member I bought it from actually has another one I believe if anyone is interested.
His sn is: is3finallymd

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Here's some more info on the Legana Kit that was offered with the IS200 and pics as well!

"For buyers who want to customise their IS200s, there's a large range of accessories that includes four body kits and over 30 individual items.

Dress-up items include three separate body kits that range from mild (the Executive), to sporty (the Touring), to wild (the Legana), plus a Carbon-Fibre kit with a carbon-fibre steering wheel and exterior mirror covers.

Other options include differently-styled 17 inch alloy wheels, a forged tow-bar with quick release hitch, roof racks with a full range of attachments, acrylic headlamp covers, rear parking proximity sensors, a moulded boot liner and a boot luggage net.

the Legana kit comprises a totally new front bumper/spoiler assembly with built-in fog lamps, a mesh radiator grille, side skirts, a rear skirt and a high-level rear spoiler."

Lexus IS200 2.0L Sedan NRMA Car Review - NRMA Motoring & Services

"The Legana body kit, named after the Targa Tasmania special stage just outside Launceston, consists of an aggressive front bumper with fog lamps, a mesh radiator grille, black chrome headlamps, side and rear skirts and a high-level rear spoiler.

The high rear spoiler and a front airdam extension make up the Touring Sports kit.

A more subtle Executive body kit consists of the front skirt and a low-level rear spoiler.

The Carbon-Fibre kit adds a carbon-fibre sports steering wheel and carbon-fibre look exterior mirror covers.

"The range of accessory kits and individually available accessory items reflects the vehicle's younger target market," Lexus Australia national sales and marketing manager Rory Macdougall says. "

Lexus - Potent Lexus IS300 waits in the wings | GoAuto

[syd] 1jzgte vvti 300kw is200 - just 32k!!! - SupraForums.com.AU

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
nice job happy, I just looked at the brand new fogs, emblems, and mats I have all still brand new sealed..
Only component I never cared for is the L-tuned rear debating on what to use maybe NEO rear?

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
nice job happy, I just looked at the brand new fogs, emblems, and mats I have all still brand new sealed..
Only component I never cared for is the L-tuned rear debating on what to use maybe NEO rear?
Thanks!
If and when you bust out the mats; place another rear mat near the pedals or something else equivalent. These mats tend to wear quickly and easily.

Neo rear is the same as the l-tuned with shorter fitment. Save some cash, keep your usdm rear bumper and pick up a rear trd lip from nextmod. I'm still procrastinating on a front trd lip from them as well and hear all good things.

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
Yep, it's got the standard 6-speed manual gearbox. You can find quite a few pictures of most of the details here: http://www.garaget.org/?car=56311

GORGEOUS interior. i love our interior, still to the day one of the most gorgeous interiors of any car, but i love some of the subtlies that make it beautiful:
the altezza two-tone steering (i actually bought this, waiting to install it)
the brighter version "L" on the steering wheel
the grey piping on the seats
stock nav (although i like the american version larger screen better)
stick shift, of course!

21 - 40 of 132 Posts