Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just noticed while driving around today that the compass on my rearview mirror is not appearing anymore. is there a button that activates/deactivates this feature?

·
8,827 Posts
There are different setting for the compass, such as your location (magnetic waves are note geographic) for better precision, compass calibration, and compass deactivation. To enter the service mode, hold the mirror dim button. The rest I all in the manual.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was reading the owner's manual and discovered that the compass on the rearview mirror is for non-nav only. it makes sense since you already have a nav, so you don't need the compass anymore. pre-2004 navi owners here, could you please confirm this?

this question is for the owners that have the heated seats. when you activate the heated seats does it stay warm until you depress the button? or does the heat level go down even when the button is turned on? i had an RX330 with the heated seats as a loaner for a couple of days and noticed that the heated seats stay warm until the button is turned off. the seats on my IS300 cools down a few minutes after activating the button.

·
8,827 Posts
IS300's heated seats cool down. :whine:

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Hold the button down, and wait for the compass to appear. You have to hold it for a bit, but just try it. It has happened to me before as well. I dont know how, but i noticed i was compassless.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Hold the button down, and wait for the compass to appear. You have to hold it for a bit, but just try it. It has happened to me before as well. I dont know how, but i noticed i was compassless.
way to bring back an old thread, but out of curiousity. how long did you have to hold it down for? i held it for like 2 minutes, but still nothing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.