Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrights guys I was going to ask yesterday but too busy. So I want to know your thoughts. I have $2,000 to put into my system. I want it to look nice and perform well similar to what De has. But I was thinking of getting the Alpine IVA-D900 instead of a seperate DVD, screen setup. If I could do a CLEAN screen in the JDM tray and sliding not removing the screen and the DVD in the glove I would do it, but does anyone know who could do that? It would be a big project. So should I lose the factory look go with one of the best head units on the market, or attempt the JDM setup.
I also want to add a TV tuner Rear camera and Xbox.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
here is my suggestion

Get the screen in the jdm dash tray, or just get the nav housing. We would be able to make it fit fine, just a little trip to You-Do-It electronics

-Eddie

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SSGuy said:
I say take the money and put it in the engine.
And we all know that your not busy. :boring:
Shut your stinkin mouth b!tch I have enough in the engine for now. I already have Intake and Headers paid for, and Race pipe and exhaust very soon. And I have been very busy. This new job is working me hard kid. I have posted maybe 20 times in the last couple weeks.

Eddie -

I am going to do the this:

DvD in the glove with remote sensor for remote.

Xbox in the trunk with custom cabinet.

7in SAVV screen in JDM tray. Might do the motorized NAV setup later.

couple of SAVV headrests 5.6 in. screens.

Rear camera in keyhole is on hold

Brain under the passenger seat.

Should look factory when components are off. What do you think? I like it so far.

·
Registered
19 Posts
TomC said:
SSGuy said:
Shut your stinkin mouth b!tch I have enough in the engine for now. I already have Intake and Headers paid for, and Race pipe and exhaust very soon. And I have been very busy. This new job is working me hard kid. I have posted maybe 20 times in the last couple weeks.

Should look factory when components are off. What do you think? I like it so far.
We need to get started on those brakes soon Tom, get that over with, I can help you clean out that engine bay with my air compressor too, I just don't think it would be good to do when its raining like this. And WTF is a brain under the passenger seat :D

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SSGuy said:
TomC said:
SSGuy said:

We need to get started on those brakes soon Tom, get that over with, I can help you clean out that engine bay with my air compressor too, I just don't think it would be good to do when its raining like this. And WTF is a brain under the passenger seat :D
The air compressor is what I need. You want to do some detailing this weekend instead of painting? And the brain is what you plug the rca jack into and stuff.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
tom thats a good idea, but while ur at it i think you should do the camera. and i have a good idea for the xbox, which i cant quite explain but it would look hot and not cost too much

-Eddie

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IS300GTR said:
tom thats a good idea, but while ur at it i think you should do the camera. and i have a good idea for the xbox, which i cant quite explain but it would look hot and not cost too much

-Eddie
Alright you talked me into it. Can you find out hwat camera 2569 used? Also De said something about a reverse view. What about this. Give me a hint on the XboX

·
Registered
608 Posts
Tom i dont know if this is possible but it just came to me. what if you took apart the xbox. like i mean the covers onloy and converted itt o plexiglass?????? u get my drift????? so now u would be able to see everything in the xbox. then u can mount it nicely somewhere in the trunk. i forgot also who's lexus i saw, maybe it was that lexus2569 kid. he had a ps2 in the trunk but the controllers were coming out of the ski pass. like he had a pad there but all u could see was a on and off button and 2 slots for the controller.
-Ramin

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Newton-IS300 said:
Tom i dont know if this is possible but it just came to me. what if you took apart the xbox. like i mean the covers onloy and converted itt o plexiglass?????? u get my drift????? so now u would be able to see everything in the xbox. then u can mount it nicely somewhere in the trunk. i forgot also who's lexus i saw, maybe it was that lexus2569 kid. he had a ps2 in the trunk but the controllers were coming out of the ski pass. like he had a pad there but all u could see was a on and off button and 2 slots for the controller.
-Ramin
Ramin, I just got the message you left for me the other night today. My phone $ucks. That is a sick idea. Do we know anyone who can do that? Yes it was 2569 who did that. I would like to do something similar we need to really go sick on this. Let's be creative I know that Eddie has something cooking in his head.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
aight we will be able to do it in 1 day.

but you would need to have a few things handy. i.e. a hot glue gun, staple gun. some wood. some carpeting and a dremel. it should be perfectly fine. if you want to do it before the show it is definately possible as long as you get all of the materials. :D it will look very nice and no one will kno how it got there. fake wall :crazy: :crazy:

-Eddie

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IS300GTR said:
aight we will be able to do it in 1 day.

but you would need to have a few things handy. i.e. a hot glue gun, staple gun. some wood. some carpeting and a dremel. it should be perfectly fine. if you want to do it before the show it is definately possible as long as you get all of the materials. :D it will look very nice and no one will kno how it got there. fake wall :crazy: :crazy:

-Eddie
This is gonna be freaking sick. I ordered my $hit already. Oh snap I forgot to order the JDM tray. but I did not forget the screens and headrests :wink:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Tom u the mannnn!!!!
this is gonna be hot
finally the first of us with the headrest monitors. i wanna be there guys when u all do the isntalls. i know i dont know shit but i am more then welcome to lend a hand.
Tom-the savv headrest montiors u got do that have built in speakers in them??????? and u order the camera yet???

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
tom you got to order some more stuff, maker sure that you order the rear view camera (probably like a $50 off od ebay, then get 25-50 ft of rca cables and we should be fine, as well as a power inverter and other stuff. make a post with all things that you want to put into the car and we will be able to figure out what supplies we need

-eddie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts