Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to ask this. I've seen many threads where people put "Alteeza" on their IS300. I've even seen it where they take the "IS300" off and replace it with Alteeza. Is there something I'm missing here? I mean, unless you're in Japan, it's an IS300.

This isn't a hater thread. I'm genuinely curious.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I agree with the OP. You spend so much on a Lexus, why would you want to debadge it as a lower brand, let alone not even a car that is available in the USA?

Go ahead and flame away its just my opinion.

·
Registered
833 Posts
this has been discussed a few times try searching, but i dont get why people really care so much, im not hating im just saying people do mods for personal reasons and what they think is cool. no reason to flame on others peoples opinions because for all we know people might not like the body kit, rims, etc you may choose. just my 2 cent

- Arie

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had to edit my original thread up top as this is NOT a hater thread. You can put a Honda Civic logo on there if you want, I don't care. I was simply curious

·
Registered
547 Posts
Cause a lot of individuals enjoy having a car that isn't available in the U.S. Has anyone heard about the craze on the Nissan Skyline GT-R? Exactly. Yes because it's a big deal. They're trying to create the same affect.

sISp

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
well, better than putting the toyota sign on it right? lol

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I wasn't even going to post here until I read this. I'm pretty sure there are other reasons that people like the Skyline GT-R.

your comparison makes no sense unless Infiniti imported the skyline and rebadged it in the US, yet didn't bring over the Nissan version.

speedisprecious said:
Cause a lot of individuals enjoy having a car that isn't available in the U.S. Has anyone heard about the craze on the Nissan Skyline GT-R? Exactly. Yes because it's a big deal. They're trying to create the same affect.

sISp

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
I do it because I like it.
I didn't by my car for the "Lexus" brand.

as people have mentioned.. it's a JDM thing. Some understand it, other's don't care. :)

I agree with ChrisCarlos... I'm impartial to the whole thing.

I'll be changing my emblems back to an "L" soon anyways. Not cuz other's think that "altezza" emblem don't belong on an IS300, but because I'm bored of the "altezza" emblem. :lol:

·
Registered
608 Posts
asukadc said:
well, better than putting the toyota sign on it right? lol
Errrrrrr

Look on just about every part on the car it says 'Toyota'!!!!!! :p

Whats with y'all all using 'TRD' Stickers...

Did they not make a 'LRD' logo? nah, because the lexus's models are like Lard, slow and frumpy

(i am joking.... British humour)

:lol:

·
Registered
484 Posts
isthrizzy said:
I wasn't even going to post here until I read this. I'm pretty sure there are other reasons that people like the Skyline GT-R.

your comparison makes no sense unless Infiniti imported the skyline and rebadged it in the US, yet didn't bring over the Nissan version.
The Infiniti G35 coupe in the US is a Nissan Skyline 350GT in Japan FYI. and people do rebadge the infiniti.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
if u r going to put the altezza badge u must do it through out the car including the front emblem with the grill, instrument cluster, steering wheel and airbag on the steering wheel and the headlights, fog lights and the antennae.

·
8,803 Posts
Mr_Singh said:
(i am joking.... British humour)

:lol:
oh, is that what that was? i dont think men dressing in womens clothes are funny either.....

to each his own.....

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
I had Altezza but IMO that its not far from a GSR puting type-R. I think the "L" is much more classy.

But i wont go around flaming thoes guys who do have this calling it ghey and what not...

what ever rocks you boat. :)

·
Super Moderator
13,453 Posts
sexyLexy808 said:
I had Altezza but IMO that its not far from a GSR puting type-R.

But i wont go around flaming thoes guys who do have this calling it ghey and what not...

what ever rocks you boat. :)
I will cause it rocks my boat

You drive an IS300 not an Altezza, its AS stupid as putting hummer logos on a tahoe its not a hummer plain and simple. If you want an altezza then buy one you can get one for cheaper imported then you can an IS300.

Just one of my peeves i have some "JDM" stuff is cool just cause it looks better and isnt available here but im sorry you drive what you drive stop trying to make it something that its not and its never going to be

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.