Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious as to why so many of you pick those widths?

Does the IS300 oversteer pretty badly? (not something I noticed while driving a 7/10ths or so.)

Is the IS heavy enough to where lateral grip is paramount? (again, nothing that I've felt but I wasn't going all out)

Or is it the biggest wheels one can fit without worring about rubbing and it looks better?

I've only driven a (stock) is300 a couple of times but I would imagine a car with a 1.5 inch stagger would understeer quite a bit.

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
i think mostly it is because people want the staggered look.

generally people do 8 and 9.

anyone larger than that is looking for an answer for traction during boost.

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
Snarlynx said:
I'm curious as to why so many of you pick those widths?

Does the IS300 oversteer pretty badly? (not something I noticed while driving a 7/10ths or so.)

Is the IS heavy enough to where lateral grip is paramount? (again, nothing that I've felt but I wasn't going all out)

Or is it the biggest wheels one can fit without worring about rubbing and it looks better?

I've only driven a (stock) is300 a couple of times but I would imagine a car with a 1.5 inch stagger would understeer quite a bit.
Most people go with 9.5" because it's the maximum width they can use without running into any clearance problems. 9.5 with a +55 offset is the magic number that fits under the fender without rubbing against the suspension or fender. Why people choose 8" rims...maybe because it's one of the most available common size?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts