What they look like in the wild:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the rear:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interior:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The result of 260+hp (at the wheels)

BTW:

Anybody in the metro phila. area want to put it to the test ... well let me know ... Ill run w/o nitrous and Ill let you spray or boost whatever you like :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BigJoeD said:
Damn, to bad the car is sooooo BLAND!!!!!
I know it is a pretty bland car... :D luckily you dont have to look at it too longs as it leaves you 2.5 seconds behind.......... :eek: Hmnnn lets do the math.. its generally accepted that .10 second is equiv to ~1 car length when racing... so if I take .10 * 25 ... hmnn thats about 25 cars .... hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah :crazy:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
typeR said:
oh BTW chris you bring that shit down here ...ill show you whats up ...
http://www.need2speed.com/Movies/typeR 087.mpg
Awwweee gawd ... See you had to go there :D I may actually bring the car down w/me to FL in January for a vacation... We def. have to meet up somewhere ... I want to borrow .3 Litres of whoopass from ya LOL You can surely spare it :D If we plan it right Id love to get to a 1/4 and run each other on Vid for some bragging rights :D :D :eek: :eek: :D :D

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
Aww that’s nice it’s still a front wheel drive Fugly POS. and as for the Altezza's you can thank your Honda Cousins for whoring those out. Along with the Supra wing and every other head light, tail light and stock appearance you can think off. and just think you probably graduated to Acura from Hondoh...

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Geee.. it sure takes one HELL of a car to go in a straight line fast! damn! you must be proud! :lol:

BTW, I've pulled a 15.1 on a gtech with exhaust and intake, may only have about 190rwhp. What's your excuse for only going 1/2 second faster?

Besides a shitty FWD system, oh yeah, they're BOATS! :lol:

god damn tool.....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Kanine21 said:
Geee.. it sure takes one HELL of a car to go in a straight line fast! damn! you must be proud! :lol:

BTW, I've pulled a 15.1 on a gtech with exhaust and intake, may only have about 190rwhp. What's your excuse for only going 1/2 second faster?

god damn tool.....
Cuz GTECH is accurate fucktard. YOU SEE THOSE THINGS CALLED SLIPS? GO GET SOME AND STOP TALKING SHIT.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
hey you are from philly area? yeah give me a month or so after the turbo upgrade and I will run ya.. you can spray .. we can run highway or from dead stop to whatever speed you want?? 140mph? bring what ya got.. I am always up for a good race and yes I will put it to a test..even with the bad tranny I will still run ya.....

nice numbers on the 1/4 I always liked those cars... you get so much for a good price.. and I dont think they are too bland.. some wheels and you are doing pretty good...

I live right outside philly..but right now my car is sittin a shop gettin my upgraded turbo kit so I have to wait for a lil bit...we def. have to videotape this... should be fun..

also to let you know before hand I ran 13.6 on lowered compression 8:5:1 on a low 7psi of boost @106mph..on the still bad auto tranny I am stuck with ... now I run anywhere from 1 bar to 2.? bar so it will be interesting.. plus the bottle...I have been back to the track since then but dont post those numbers..ya know how that is.. dont want too many ppl knowing what ya run....I will say this tho.. have that bottle filled cause you might need it....

·
Registered
820 Posts
Man you Acura fags have nothing to do, I forgot you can't pick up bitch's with those fugly boats, I thought the titantic sunk. :shame:

Man take pics of girls you fucked, places you've friend or family not a fucking peel out, that just shows how fucked up ass traction you hoopty has, a V6 Mustang can do more damage than that, a fucking V6, you better off takeing pics of your broken motor mounts, I can't even imagine the wheel hop.

I know what'll make you feel better, always worked for me, go do some donuts, Ohh I forgot, Front wheel drive :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kanine21 said:

god damn tool.....

Look dont be bitter ... I was just stating fact :D

And the other guy from philly:

When you get your car out of the "shop" :D post a message for me ... I'm be your huckleberry :D :D And I dont spray ... thats the difference between Naturally Aspirated BALLS and force-fed Nutz :crazy: And the fact that $350 dollars in springs and sway bars hug the turns like a pair of grannies panties says you wont see my doors in the curves either :p

And as far as GTECH goes... yeah I have one too ... BUT if you want to throw numbers out throw out ones that are legitimate... Im not posting GTECH times.. Im posting track proven times....

Whats my excuse for going a 1/2 second faster...????

Well by my math my excuse is 5 car lengths of whoopass... but then again if you had them youd be a competitor.... Fast&Furious -vs- Slow and Curious :crazy:

·
Registered
816 Posts
TheModMole said:
And the fact that $350 dollars in springs and sway bars hug the turns like a pair of grannies panties says you wont see my doors in the curves either :p
:lol: I take it with a set of springs and sways you must know everything there is to know about the curves. :lol:

Oh, the humanity. :lol:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DtEW said:
TheModMole said:
And the fact that $350 dollars in springs and sway bars hug the turns like a pair of grannies panties says you wont see my doors in the curves either :p
:lol: I take it with a set of springs and sways you must know everything there is to know about the curves. :lol:

Oh, the humanity. :lol:
Nahh I dont know anything about springs or sways.. I was talking about grannies panties... Good Christ Dtew follow the bouncing ball man... geeeeze

·
Registered
816 Posts
TheModMole said:
Nahh I dont know anything about springs or sways.. I was talking about grannies panties... Good Christ Dtew follow the bouncing ball man... geeeeze
Well, I guess it makes sense since granny's panties is all that you're gonna get with that new-age Thunderbird SC, my friend. :wink:

Dude, lay off here and go home. I'm sure you have better things to do.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Well, grannie's panties is all that you're gonna get with that new-age Thunderbird SC, my friend. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hhahahah
No thongs for you assholes. hahahahaha

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well thats witty and funny.... as a matter of fact :oops: Im blushing.... BUT fact remains your reaching.... grasping...at straws ... if you want to compare base models.. Acura wins... if you want to compare naturally aspirated modified cars...Acura wins... if you want to compare spraying in both ... Acura Wins...... blah blah blah .... If you want to boost 20+ psi .... there is a yugo that will spank you silly all over the track... see the point... once you go force fed theres not much comparison But then again ... apples/apples .. take a guess which would win given equal psi? yeah Acura...

·
Registered
816 Posts
TheModMole said:
Well thats witty and funny.... as a matter of fact :oops: Im blushing.... BUT fact remains your reaching.... grasping...at straws ... if you want to compare base models.. Acura wins... if you want to compare naturally aspirated modified cars...Acura wins... if you want to compare spraying in both ... Acura Wins...... blah blah blah .... If you want to boost 20+ psi .... there is a yugo that will spank you silly all over the track... see the point... once you go force fed theres not much comparison But then again ... apples/apples .. take a guess which would win given equal psi? yeah Acura...
If that's what you really think without qualification, then there isn't much hope of reasoning with you. If you somehow believe that drag racing alone is the be-all-end-all of performance, then your rational holds. But it isn't, not by a long shot. I mean, why aren't you in a pimped out Nova with a blown small-block???

And if you want to go to equal psi with 2JZ vs. the J32, be sure to bring an extra engine with your 4th slushbox. :wink: I think you're missing the fact that the J32 will not hold at any good boost without immense internal work, compared to the 2JZ. That's a fact every car forum (even domestic ones) is familiar with.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DtEW said:
If that's what you really think without qualification, then there isn't much hope of reasoning with you. If you somehow believe that drag racing alone is the be-all-end-all of performance, then your rational holds. But it isn't, not by a long shot. I mean, why aren't you in a pimped out Nova with a blown small-block???

And if you want to go to equal psi with 2JZ vs. the J32, be sure to bring an extra engine with your 4th slushbox. I think you're missing the fact that the J32 will not hold at any good psi without immense internal work.
If you read my post along these god forsaken posts youll see I said that the IS has much better road holding performance... BUT in regard to ride comfort, interioir(subjective I know), 0-60, 1/4 mile the CL takes the ribbon every time...

And as far as 20+psi I didnt say it would be cheap... I just said all things being equal .. do the math...

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
See thats where you are fucked up its never Equal on the street and the IS can hold over 20 PSI on the stock internals with a metal head gasket.

TheModMole said:
DtEW said:

And if you want to go to equal psi with 2JZ vs. the J32, be sure to bring an extra engine with your 4th slushbox. I think you're missing the fact that the J32 will not hold at any good psi without immense internal work.
If you read my post along these god forsaken posts youll see I said that the IS has much better road holding performance... BUT in regard to ride comfort, interioir(subjective I know), 0-60, 1/4 mile the CL takes the ribbon every time...

And as far as 20+psi I didnt say it would be cheap... I just said all things being equal .. do the math...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
About this Discussion
70 Replies
18 Participants
thisISwhatIwantToDrive
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing