Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the "hump" in the AWD IS250? I thought the hump was bad enough in the GS300 AWD... but it appears even worst in the IS250 AWD because of the IS's smaller interior! In my normal seating position... my leg is resting against that damned hump. Otherwise I really like the car. I drove the IS250 RWD and was pretty impressed with it. But the hump in that AWD car is just damned distracting... and good luck getting aftermarket mats for that shape!

Am I over reacting? Or does the hump irritate anybody else? I hope Lexus finds a way to camoflauge that... or gets new AWD running gear to reduce that hump.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a picture of "the hump". It's a lot more impeeding when you witness it in person.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I drove an IS250 AWD and I honestly didn't even notice it.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HoustonLex said:
that looks very impeeding... bad design
Have you witnessed it in person? I noticed it because I could feel my leg resting against it... unlike when I drove the IS250 RWD... I could sit normally and my right leg still had plenty of room.

·
Registered
482 Posts
The hump is horrible and I cant believe they couldnt spend the time to design it better.

I was annoyed by it when I drove the car...I cant imagine how uncomfortable it would be for overweight drivers or drivers who have massive legs.

Add the huge hump to the list of issues that the IS250AWD version has.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
I wonder if adding the AWD was an after thought and only added in as an option after the initial design of the new IS.

·
Registered
494 Posts
When I pressed the gas the underside of my shin was rubbing on the hump - it was pretty annoying. I don't think I could deal with it.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
and the new IS interior is already cramped enough as it is.

Reactions: theformat26

·
Registered
40 Posts
What you gon’ do with all that junk?
All that junk inside your trunk?
I’ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
Get you love drunk off my hump.
My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump,
My hump, my hump, my hump, my lovely little lumps. (Check it out)

I drive these brothers crazy,
I do it on the daily,
They treat me really nicely,
They buy me all these ice-ys.
Dolce & Gabbana,
Fendi and then Donna
Karan, they be sharin’
All their money got me wearin’
Fly gearrr but I ain’t askin,
They say they love my ass ‘n,
Se7en Jeans, True Religion,
I say no, but they keep givin’
So I keep on takin’
And no I ain’t taken
We can keep on datin’
I keep on demonstrating.............

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I wouldn't care about it if it wasn't right in front of the gas pedal.

Not that I would get an AWD because I live in Florida and have no use for it. ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
lexus needs to take a lesson from bmw........actually,from ANY manufacturer when it comes down to an AWD system.

you couldnt get me to drive the awd in its current state even if it was free.

im big, body felt ok for now.. but the leg? no

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
That's kinda ghey.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Check this out... here's the interior of the Audi... and the side of the driver's footwell is FLAT!!! No hump! The AWD must have been an after thought by Lexus. But seeing how they already produced the AWD GS300... you'd have thought they would find a way around this. Toyota usually is very good with sorting out the smallest details.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I felt the same way when I noticed it. Having that brushing my calf when I'm driving around would probably get on my nerves pretty quickly. But somehow, I think it's more likely that there was just no way around it, rather than Lexus thinking we just wouldn't care.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts