Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to thank everyone on IS300.net, especially the creators, for all their help over the past couple of months! I've been lurking in the shadows gobbling up a lot of information about the IS in preparation for my purchase. And the few questions I did ask I received helpful responses. Thank you, thank you!

Thus, after nine long months I've finally made the step and finished purchasing my 2004 IS300 from Longo (papers were signed not one hour ago). I don't have the car quite yet (picking it up tomorrow morning) but I wouldn't have gotten this far without the wealth of information on this site and in its forums.

Hope to see you on the streets! :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
piesfinder said:
congratz :D

WE NEED PICS :wink:
I'll post a pic or two (if I can figure out how) tomorrow. :p

I forgot to ask. Is there any sort of burn/break in time required during the first thousand miles or so? It's been a while since I've had a new car, and I heard newer ones don't need the initial babying (i.e. driving like 50 or 60 tops) like the old ones did. Don't want to cause any long term damage. This baby is supposed to last me for a while. 8)

G

·
Taron said:
piesfinder said:

I forgot to ask. Is there any sort of burn/break in time required during the first thousand miles or so? It's been a while since I've had a new car, and I heard newer ones don't need the initial babying (i.e. driving like 50 or 60 tops) like the old ones did. Don't want to cause any long term damage. This baby is supposed to last me for a while. 8)
yea its supposed to be 60 tops for about 3,000 miles. And absolutly no racing or driving under high rpms, just baby it for that time...

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Taron said:
piesfinder said:

I think you'll find all the info you need in the manual. The main thing on a new engine is not to drive for extended distances at a steady speed. Vary the speed. Most often, traffic will do that for you anyway, but that's the most important break in tip.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the community! Were you one of the lucky ones to get a new color for 2004?

Also, read the manual front to back. There is a specific page telling you how to break it in.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the information. I haven't gotten a chance to read the manual yet (flipped through it while the salesperson was running around trying to get this form or that form approved) since it's still at the dealer. I'll make sure to go through it tomorrow. But I appreciate you guys giving me a "breaking in" summary. Not much of a racer, so I don't think I'll have too many problems following the rules.

And in regards to the color, I got one of the Indigo Ink Pearl ones. Was going to hold out for the Bluestones, but decided that I liked the dark blue better after seeing it. :D

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
congrats on getting the '04! is there any way you'd trade your headlamps for my chrome ones, please???!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Taron said:
And in regards to the color, I got one of the Indigo Ink Pearl ones. Was going to hold out for the Bluestones, but decided that I liked the dark blue better after seeing it. :D
Congrats, and Welcome to the IS300 family!!
Indigo Ink Pearl?? Nice. :wink:

May I ask how you much you paid for it?
What options on the car?? :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got my car today, and I LOVE it. Test drives got nothing on actually owning an IS. Haven't taken it out much at all, but I hope to rectify that shortly.

First off, someone asked for a pic. Took a shot at home for my website, so pardon it for being a little small (shrank it to 640x480).

As for the details. It's an IIP E-shift (never learned manual), Alcantara/Leather package, spoiler, no nav. Nothing really special about it.

Regarding the price, I got it for $32k out the door. Granted, higher than most people pay for their cars, but my issue was getting it fast. My old car is going to my sister, so I was willing to pay a premium to get it before she went off to college this coming week. He got it to me on time, so I didn't haggle much. I'll probably regret it a bit later, but oh well. :)

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Taron said:
that color is very interesting to see from a real pic, not the brochure or online...

looks nice...maybe more pics from the side and rear!

enjoy the car...and congrats!!!!!

northeast dealerships dont have the 2004's yet!!!

G

·
Taron said:
Got my car today, and I LOVE it. Test drives got nothing on actually owning an IS. Haven't taken it out much at all, but I hope to rectify that shortly.

First off, someone asked for a pic. Took a shot at home for my website, so pardon it for being a little small (shrank it to 640x480).

As for the details. It's an IIP E-shift (never learned manual), Alcantara/Leather package, spoiler, no nav. Nothing really special about it.

Regarding the price, I got it for $32k out the door. Granted, higher than most people pay for their cars, but my issue was getting it fast. My old car is going to my sister, so I was willing to pay a premium to get it before she went off to college this coming week. He got it to me on time, so I didn't haggle much. I'll probably regret it a bit later, but oh well. :)
maybe it's just me, but your car looks like it's IBP.
just one question though, are your headlight housings dark?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mk said:
maybe it's just me, but your car looks like it's IBP.
just one question though, are your headlight housings dark?
I'm afraid I don't know. I haven't really examined previous models enough to recall how the headlight housings looked. I'm afraid I couldn't tell you if they're dark/darker or if they're the same, sorry.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts