Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wasnt too happy with my last visit to broadway. Some things were not totally correct with my build like an oil leak which I have had since he put my new motor in. I brought it back to be fixed, he said it would be taken care of, and I still have the leak. My other problem was the four months he had my car just to pull the trans, send it to pfs, and put it back in. I also needed my oil changed and it didnt get done. I cheched the oil on the stick and it was dirty. And even the simplest thing, my wideband, wasnt fixed. I didnt find that out till I picked my car up. I called back about these problems and I cant get a response, very unprofessional. Now I have to spend more money and take it to somebody who will fix the problem. This kind of service is what will make me never go back to that shop again.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
very sorry to hear that...I used to work for John back in 2007, and I remember seeing your car there back over the past summer...

he usually answers the phone and gets right back to his customers...

how much did he charge you and what did he do?

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
I wouldnt reccomend them either I remember they gave me a rediculous quote when I brought my car there once for some work. And there shop is very cluttered. Definitely would not trust them to work on my car.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Thats funny because based on all the great reviews of their shop, my cousin went their to get a few things done. He ended up being hugely dissapointed on both price and having to make multiple trips on work that would be considered very novice. He felt he was sweet talked into doing the work and then was sticker shocked at the price when it wasn't fully explained. Hmpf. Go figure. If you check out the supra boards he is so ridiculously highly praised it seems almost fake.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
I went their once...ONCE. That's all I have to say.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very sorry to hear that...I used to work for John back in 2007, and I remember seeing your car there back over the past summer...

he usually answers the phone and gets right back to his customers...

how much did he charge you and what did he do?
Thats the crazy part, I was totally satisfied the first time he worked on my car. not so much this time. It was about $3500 to pull the trans send it to pfs and reinstall, tranny cooler installed, new oil pan which was suppose to fix the oil leak, total bullshit, mounted my new tires, rolled my fenders, tires still rub a little, new windshield, new fuel pump, and a retune without dyno time. And I still cant figure out why it took over a month just to get my car started after puting the trans back in! Ray from pfs is very familiar with this problem and told john it was the neutral safety switch. Ray even sent him a diagram of what he needed to do.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thats funny because based on all the great reviews of their shop, my cousin went their to get a few things done. He ended up being hugely dissapointed on both price and having to make multiple trips on work that would be considered very novice. He felt he was sweet talked into doing the work and then was sticker shocked at the price when it wasn't fully explained. Hmpf. Go figure. If you check out the supra boards he is so ridiculously highly praised it seems almost fake.
Thats why I went the first time, I saw a bunch of great reviews on the supra forum. Probably just a bunch of his friends posting crap. I think he got tired of working on my car cause it was there so long and and just wanted to get it the hell outa there. Thats not how you want to treat a customer who likes to spend money on there car. I havent even driven the car much, basically just brught it home from the shop and I have oil drips under it. Started it this morning just to defrost it and I saw some red fluid under it too. Now I have to take it to somebody to check everything out. wtf

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
i think red fluid is trans fluid...
its likely the Engine coolant..

In Fact, when John repaired my radiator back in 2008 after I cracked it going down a steep driveway, he filled up my overflow tank...thus causing it to leak as well because it came out the overflow drip line...

I'd definitely check the overflow tank as the culprit as well.. :approve:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its likely the Engine coolant..

In Fact, when John repaired my radiator back in 2008 after I cracked it going down a steep driveway, he filled up my overflow tank...thus causing it to leak as well because it came out the overflow drip line...

I'd definitely check the overflow tank as the culprit as well.. :approve:
Im thinkin coolant also, just dont know why it would randomly leak when it never did before. Either way im having everything checked out.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Im thinkin coolant also, just dont know why it would randomly leak when it never did before. Either way im having everything checked out.
like I said, main reason being: John had a habit of filling the overflow tank, and the exact same thing happened to me as it ended up spilling out the drain...double check that, I'm sure thats where its leaking from!:p

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
i have used John's services more than enough times and i've never had a problem with him or the work he's done. if there is a problem, i call him up and its always resolved promptly and at my convenience. he's helped me out a lot the past year so regardless of this thread i only have good things to say about him and the work he's done for me. im sure if you give him a call he will try to make things right. i been to a few shops around my area and believe it or not...hes the one guy i trust to work on my car. it sucks this happened and i hope everything gets resolved in good terms.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i have used John's services more than enough times and i've never had a problem with him or the work he's done. if there is a problem, i call him up and its always resolved promptly and at my convenience. he's helped me out a lot the past year so regardless of this thread i only have good things to say about him and the work he's done for me. im sure if you give him a call he will try to make things right. i been to a few shops around my area and believe it or not...hes the one guy i trust to work on my car. it sucks this happened and i hope everything gets resolved in good terms.
well my last trip there was the third time I brought it back for the oil leak and it still has not been fixed. Thats not helping me its just costing me money to run back and forth.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.