Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test fitted some new wheels to get an idea for tire sizing... Hate away.

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
I hate the extremely low offset wheel look. Sticking out that far past the fenders looks horrible imo. The IS is not made to look like that.

I do like the garage doors though.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I "know" the history in the look

And to be honest the IS300 doesn't meld well into it but whatever you think will be good for it

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahaha

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Are you serious?

Never mind, I just saw your rep, you are!

On another note, wtf happened to your exhaust?
:lol: yeah he is serious :lol:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks for ruining a lexus. What is wrong with running a18x7.5 18x8 +50 staggered setup?

just kidding man it is fucking hot. If i get my hands on another is300 you will see the same kind of thing coming from me. What are the size and offsets? And what size tire are you planning on using?

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
Thanks for ruining a lexus. What is wrong with running a18x7.5 18x8 +50 staggered setup?

just kidding man it is fucking hot. If i get my hands on another is300 you will see the same kind of thing coming from me. What are the size and offsets? And what size tire are you planning on using?
^dunno what to say about that...

i dunno man i like your old wheels better. I think they look much better IMO but w/e. As nick said i do like those doors tho.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Brilliant.

Now we're talking.

225/235 should work perfectly eh?

Good to know what my new jams will fit like.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
I seen them wheels on a Mercedes. I didnt like em then, and I dont think I would like them now. Are you going to do some ghetto fender pulling :lol:

Also, what happened to your front lip? Are you getting it painted :bigSmile:

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
i dont think thats a great way to get an idea of what tires to use, cuz ones you set the car down, it'll settle on the springs and you'll have a lot less space between the fender than you do in those pictures (just a fyi which i really hope you were already aware of..)

·
Registered
141 Posts
i dont think thats a great way to get an idea of what tires to use, cuz ones you set the car down, it'll settle on the springs and you'll have a lot less space between the fender than you do in those pictures (just a fyi which i really hope you were already aware of..)
not everyone runs springs man. I'm thinking he is for sure on coilovers. Maybe stance coilovers?

·
Registered
53 Posts
damn what kind of tires are those?

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like shit ******. Thanks for ruining a lexus. What is wrong with running a18x7.5 18x8 +50 staggered setup?

hahahahaha, man staggered setups are for losers... It's all about staggered tires on non-staggered wheels.

They're 18x9 +40 and 18x10 +40. I'm gonna put a 5mm spacer on the front, and run either 225/40 235/40 or 215/45 225/45. I'm not sure how much I want to roll the fenders.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I seen them wheels on a Mercedes. I didnt like em then, and I dont think I would like them now. Are you going to do some ghetto fender pulling :lol:

Also, what happened to your front lip? Are you getting it painted :bigSmile:

I dunno about ghetto fender pulling, but I'll be doing some upscale suburban fender rolling. And the lip ripped off in the snow, so I'm just leaving it off until spring when I fix it and paint it.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you notice, there are jacks under the rims, and I lowered the car onto them... The springs are compressed enough to get an idea, and also as I go lower the wheels will camber in more thus giving me more room.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
damn what kind of tires are those?
You've seen clear wheels, but that is so last year... I got them new clear tires son. HOT!

1 - 20 of 114 Posts