Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for anyone who is looking at purchasing a GX470,

It doesn't live up to my expectations. Drove it side by side w/ our X5, and the LX470... The car is too tall and skinny and thus it feels wobbly, steering is too light for my tastes as well, and the interior feels a bit skinny. The rear liftgate also acts weirdly, it swings out sideways instead of being two pieces like the LX470. However, the car does have excellent acceleration and the interior looks very nice. The ride is soft and supple, while road noise is minimal. I would definately just spend the 6 thousand more that a loaded GX470 costs (54K), and get the LX470 (you can get massive discounts on the LX right now).

-Chris

·
Registered
28 Posts
A friend and I drove the Volvo XC90 today. Not to impressed with that one either. Steering was vague, acclerelator was touchy and had two miles of travel and it felt like it would fall over when cornering hard.

Whats next?

·
Photographer
3,212 Posts
Mortimer said:
A friend and I drove the Volvo XC90 today. Not to impressed with that one either. Steering was vague, acclerelator was touchy and had two miles of travel and it felt like it would fall over when cornering hard.

Whats next?
what are the people at Motor Trend thinking? giving XC90 SUV of the year! that's why I read Road & Track instead.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IS-300-Rulez said:
whaaat? the base price is like 45k.... :roll:
Yea, the base price is 45K but with a fully optioned model, w/ the Nav/Mark levinson system/ rear entertainment system w/ DVD player the car comes out to 54K... Ended up getting a new LX470 instead, traded in the old one and they gave us the new one at 7 thousand under sticker.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
deejaysyke said:
that's a great deal on the LX, btw, how's your 350z doing?
350Z doing fine except for one problem.. I think I overfilled my gas tank or something like that, and there's a gas smell in the cabin, think the vapor recovery canister is flooded. NOt sure though.. just know that the gas tank system on the Z is very sensitive as to how you fill it up and how much gas you put in. Car is DAMN solid though, no rattles at [email protected] 3200 miles.

·
Photographer
3,212 Posts
Chris Y said:
deejaysyke said:
350Z doing fine except for one problem.. I think I overfilled my gas tank or something like that, and there's a gas smell in the cabin, think the vapor recovery canister is flooded. NOt sure though.. just know that the gas tank system on the Z is very sensitive as to how you fill it up and how much gas you put in. Car is DAMN solid though, no rattles at [email protected] 3200 miles.
the CEL should come in in case of overfill, if not maybe get
your fuel line checked?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
deejaysyke said:
Chris Y said:
deejaysyke said:
the CEL should come in in case of overfill, if not maybe get
your fuel line checked?
Umm.. the CEL did come on. I've actually brought the car back like 4 times now for the same problem. They said the vapor recovery canister is flooded, and finally changed it, but the problem is still there. I now believe that maybe one of the hoses in the EVAP system is leaking possibly due to me overfilling it (if I did). That's possible right? Overfilling causing excess pressure and leaks?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BigDaddyRich said:
Yippie! another vehicularly confused soccer mom SUV on the market to blatantly ruin my quiet drives to the mall.
Some of us use SUV's to go camping and out to ski. I know we use ours to drive to our condo up in Lake Tahoe... Having 3 rows of seats and lots of room is wonderful when bringing up 5 or more people and all the shit needed for a 2 week ski trip. Otherwise, soccer moms need to stick to their minivans or stationwagons.

·
Photographer
3,212 Posts
Chris Y said:
Umm.. the CEL did come on. I've actually brought the car back like 4 times now for the same problem. They said the vapor recovery canister is flooded, and finally changed it, but the problem is still there. I now believe that maybe one of the hoses in the EVAP system is leaking possibly due to me overfilling it (if I did). That's possible right? Overfilling causing excess pressure and leaks?
4 times! I think that falls under the "lemon law" category, try to
get them to give you a new car! how many times do you click
the fuel cap? you should do atleast half a circle.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
deejaysyke said:
well, top 4Runner vs base GX = $9k diff.
since they're based on the same chasis,
is the GX worth the extra $9k?

WRONG...they are NOT based on the same chassis...and no one start with the GX470 is a dressed up Sequoia...cuz again...wrong.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
8 Participants
Chris Y
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing