Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been debatiing on whether to buy the car in the last month or two or wait until the 02' model came out. I'm glad I waited as I will be ordering my 02' IS 300 in the next few weeks. My local dealership had two silver 02'IS 300's on the lot. One was a 5 speed with the navigation system and the full leather. I wanted to drive it so bad but it had been specially ordered and was just there waiting for his lucky owner to pick him up. I love the way they did the nav. system. Instead of always having a screen ther even when your not using it (scratches, dust, etc.) this one flips up or down and can also tilt at different angles in case of sun glare, very cool. After driving it I really like having an armrest there. I also noticed they have an auto-dimming rear view mirror with a compass in it. The dash looked pretty much the same but they added aluminum rings around the door mounted speakers which kind of looked nice with the black leather. Speaking of which, I didn't like the leather/escaine look that much. The full leather loke much nicer IMO. And the best part? No price increase for the 02' model. And with my local dealership not adding any financial incentives to get an 01' model. I'm going for a blue one with black leather and a navigation system. I can't wait! Mike

·
Registered
354 Posts
Nice post, Mike12...very informative. Of course, now I'm jealous. My IS is coming up on its first birthday and it's still as "squeakless" as the day I took delivery. You'll love your '02.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I'm jealous of you. You have had an entire year to enjoy your IS. If someone told me I was stuck with an 01' model I wouldn't mind a bit. Mike

·
Registered
78 Posts
Originally posted by IS300envy:
How much can one expect to pay for a fully loaded blue/black 2002 IS with Nav.?

The blue may be tough, that is what I want too. I was in a black/black with everything (NAV, full leather, moonroof, heated seats etc, etc, etc) The only option it did not have was VSC and the sticker was 36,600. From there you would have to work the deal.

.../austin

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's going to be a little over 36K. A little more than I wanted to pay but I'm getting every option available. The 5-speed with the nav and full leather that I looked at was about 34.5K. Mike

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I was going to get an 01, but the NAV is a really cool option I want, as well as full leather and the smoked taillights on the 02's. We will see if I can afford one I guess. I dount there are any 01 SBM's left

1 - 7 of 7 Posts