Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone. i dont yet have the is300 but i will for sure now :D I test drove the 2004 bmw 325ci today. it had the sport package along with the premium package. but to me it just wasnt that nice. the interior doesnt even look like it should belong in a bmw. its so plain. also the steering was very stiff. now i do understand that it has the sport package on it, but it seemed almost to stiff. and the low end excelleration wasnt all that great and shiffed hard. not as smooth as i thought. it was also equiped with the 5 speed steptronic transmission. which i didnt like to much. NOW to the IS300. this car was AMAZING!! i test drove this after test driving the bmw. and it was sooo smooth and quite. I fell it love with it right away. it was so quite while driving. the bmw had a lot road noise. when sittin idle at the stop sign it almost seemed like it wasnt even running. I loved that about this car. the car i drove was the E-shift. which was better then the bmw system. although i will be going with the manual. I also asked the sales man what is up with next year and the possablilty that they will swap out the I-6 for a v-6. he said they are going to make it an optional engine. but still keep the I-6. i dont know how much of that is true. since he was only the sales guy. anyway. the is300 is going to be the for sure buy in spring. not to mention the price difference. bmw 39,600 lexus 32,200 yet the lexus is so much more luxurious. gotta love it

·
Registered
40 Posts
i would advise test driving a manual is300 before you make any decisions. I have a manual and i also test drove a manual 325. if you thought the 325 manual shifted hard, you may feel the is300 does also. personally i felt that the 325 shifted smoother, but many other things made me choose the is300 rather than the bmw.
however, the auto tranny is very smooth on the is300.
just my opinion though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i know i need to test drive the manual before i decide. but even the auto on the bmw wasnt as smooth as i thought it should be.

has anyone else heard about this "engein option" for the 2005?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts