Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a story your not going to believe. I went to my local Nissan dealership( Miller Nissan in Van Nuys), sure enough just as I pulled up, I was attacked by one of their salesmen. This guy asked me every question, short of my financial statements.....more on this later.
The only 2 models that were there, were the Enthusist and the Touring. They did not have the Track model. I looked at both, and I enjoyed the 6-spd manual, very notchy feeling and the seats are nice. The salesperson saw I had to return back to my office and he asked for my name and a phone #. He said he would like to arrange/schedule a test drive of the vehicle with me :eek: . I responded, "well I am here now, can I test drive one right now." His response, they needed to run a credit check BEFORE the test drive :shame: WTF. Yea, can you say, line me up for the hard sell.

I was shocked!!! :roll: He knew I pulled up in my IS and I told him listen I didn't have to produce any credit checks when it came time to test drive the IS. Well, he said, " you understand sir that, this is a high end sports car........etc :pissed: Goddamn it's a fucking Nissan. Christ all mighty. I hope this asshole calls my office, I can't wait to rattle his cage.

FUCK NISSAN they can keep their 350Z!!!!!!!!!!! :pissed:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Had a similar experiance with the Nissan dealership this weekend. They act like the damn 350 is Jesus in the automotive form. It's a freaking Nissan and they can keep selling their Altamas for all I care......pssh Fockers :x

·
Registered
81 Posts
Goddamn it's a fucking Nissan..............
f*ck NISSAN they can keep their 350Z!!!!!!!!!!!

First, what the hell does the sales tactics have to do with Nissan???

Second, who's the idiot who went to go look at a 'fucking Nissan' anyways, dumbass?? If Nissan is so LOW in standards, wtf are YOU looking to try one out?? You obviously are much too high class to be seen in a NISSAN.

Hate to break it to ya, but buddy, you aint shiet. In case you didn't know, you drive a rebadged Toyota. And, man, for someone who's high class, why did you buy the lowest price Lexus??

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
-I heard that a credit check is needed to test drive a BENTLEY, but not no fuccing NISSAN
-I went to the LEXUS dealer to test drive an IS300 with no problems...
-I look young, have a shaved head with a tail on the top back of my head, and I was wearing some dickies with my corduroy slippers (yes, im from south san diego) lol... NO PROBLEMS at all...

·
Registered
20,030 Posts
civic Si-r said:
Here is a story your not going to believe. I went to my local Nissan dealership( Miller Nissan in Van Nuys), sure enough just as I pulled up, I was attacked by one of their salesmen. This guy asked me every question, short of my financial statements.....more on this later.
The only 2 models that were there, were the Enthusist and the Touring. They did not have the Track model. I looked at both, and I enjoyed the 6-spd manual, very notchy feeling and the seats are nice. The salesperson saw I had to return back to my office and he asked for my name and a phone #. He said he would like to arrange/schedule a test drive of the vehicle with me :eek: . I responded, "well I am here now, can I test drive one right now." His response, they needed to run a credit check BEFORE the test drive :shame: WTF. Yea, can you say, line me up for the hard sell.

I was shocked!!! :roll: He knew I pulled up in my IS and I told him listen I didn't have to produce any credit checks when it came time to test drive the IS. Well, he said, " you understand sir that, this is a high end sports car........etc :pissed: Goddamn it's a fucking Nissan. Christ all mighty. I hope this asshole calls my office, I can't wait to rattle his cage.

f*ck NISSAN they can keep their 350Z!!!!!!!!!!! :pissed:

Hello civic Si-r :lol:

I am so sorry to hear about your incident with the f*cked-up dealer!

These car dealers really need to have a more broader and positive attitude towards life! :x

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's funny cause when I went to a Nissan dealership I had the worst experience but I had already ordered the car and they treated me as though I was a little girl that couldn't afford much I'm 18 but I look like I'm 15 :( or so people say.. They were jerks about everything and I said I had wanted to drive the car and they said sorry it's sold and I was like yeah to me.. and it took them 4 weeks to dish out a financing option thats higher than what I paid for my Lexus. I think they are unprofessional and they need to get their heads out of their asses. It's not like they are selling Ferrari's or Lambo's.

Kel-E

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I went to test-drive, they didn't even have a single 350 on the lot. They also treated me like I didn't know anything about the car or the aftermarket parts that come with it. He even started going into the wheels until I told him they were made by Rays.... he didn't understand. :roll:

....then "The Manager" comes out and gives me the speal that some other dude may buy 6 of them for his company so I better put some money down or I won't get one. :lol: :lol: :lol: damn right I won't get one !!!! What a fukin joke !!!

....never buy a Nissan :wink:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I look young. I wear jeans and sandals pretty much year round. Lexus would have let me drive anything on the lot. In fact, they were excited about gettin' me in the cars and showin' me what they could do. But it wasn't a "hard sell" situation.

A few months after buyin' the is300, I checked out the Nissan. No sales help.
Me: "Where are your 350Z's?"
Salesguy: "There over in that corner."
Me: go over to nissan. sit in it. mull around for sales person to come back. never shows. walk back to is300 and leave

-g

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
Comn on guys, the same thing happened with the M3, the S2000, and plenty of cars in the past. When a car is a hot seller, and is not sold in mass volumes such as the altima, they want cars with 0 miles. If they let every tom dick and harry test drive the car, they will have to sell it as a demo and loose good profit. Im not saying its right, but every car manufacturer would/has done it.

Lets put it this way, the dealer has to make a judgement call. Here you are pulling in with a new IS. Chances are, your not going to buy the Z, you just want to take one for a spin. The credit check was just a way to see if you were serious or not about the car.

You would do the same thing. Cause god knows, you wouldnt want to buy a Z with 100 miles on it would you???? They are just protecting their investment.

Get over it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hate to break it to ya, but buddy, you aint shiet. In case you didn't know, you drive a rebadged Toyota. And, man, for someone who's high class, why did you buy the lowest price Lexus??
Well considering that I am 16 and was given the car as a gift from my parents I'm not complaining. So I guess that means that new Q 45 my dad drives is also a rebaged Nissan eh? :wink:

·
Registered
975 Posts
mhgsx said:

First, what the hell does the sales tactics have to do with Nissan???

Second, who's the idiot who went to go look at a 'fucking Nissan' anyways, dumbass?? If Nissan is so LOW in standards, wtf are YOU looking to try one out?? You obviously are much too high class to be seen in a NISSAN.

Looks like everyone is getting along as usual at the forums...

give the guy a break. How would you feel being in his place??

·
Registered
296 Posts
mhgsx said:

uuummmm, no its not...the bottom feeder in the lexus barrel would be the atrocious family car...es300. i know that the is don't cost all that much, but please don't trivialize the car...i still like it better than the 350z

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
MMwakeboard said:
Had a similar experiance with the Nissan dealership this weekend. They act like the damn 350 is Jesus in the automotive form. It's a freaking Nissan and they can keep selling their Altamas for all I care......pssh Fockers :x
Well, it sort of is the second coming for the Z.

·
Registered
8,105 Posts
HoustonLex said:
Comn on guys, the same thing happened with the M3, the S2000, and plenty of cars in the past. When a car is a hot seller, and is not sold in mass volumes such as the altima, they want cars with 0 miles. If they let every tom dick and harry test drive the car, they will have to sell it as a demo and loose good profit. Im not saying its right, but every car manufacturer would/has done it.

Lets put it this way, the dealer has to make a judgement call. Here you are pulling in with a new IS. Chances are, your not going to buy the Z, you just want to take one for a spin. The credit check was just a way to see if you were serious or not about the car.

You would do the same thing. Cause god knows, you wouldnt want to buy a Z with 100 miles on it would you???? They are just protecting their investment.

Get over it.
word

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
dut said:
-I heard that a credit check is needed to test drive a BENTLEY, but not no fuccing NISSAN
-I went to the LEXUS dealer to test drive an IS300 with no problems...
-I look young, have a shaved head with a tail on the top back of my head, and I was wearing some dickies with my corduroy slippers (yes, im from south san diego) lol... NO PROBLEMS at all...
I hope you are kidding.

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
I went in to the dealer with an Armani suit on, test drove the car, and also got a complimentary caviar hor d'oeuvres.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
HoustonLex said:

Get over it.
This is very well put and I agree completely. No, the car isn't particularly special other than the still limited availability, but I'm glad that they aren't letting everyone and their mother drive them around. Since it is new they get a lot of people stopping for test drives. Would you want the car that had been taken to redline by every Tom, Dick, and Harry that can drive themselves to the dealership?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
33 Participants
Chris Y
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing