Lexus IS Forum banner

301 - 320 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just traded in my 2003 E55 AMG for a 2007 IS350 in obsidian/beige with F-sport exhaust, luxury package, nav. Only thing it's missing is Mark Levinson, but I can live without. What I'm most happy about (after the nightmare repair experiences with my AMG) is that it has 56k miles but is certified with a warranty for 5 years or up to 125k miles. That's nice peace of mind.

Before the AMG I had two LS400s (a '90 and a '97), both of which I loved. Incredibly reliable cars, even up through 200k miles. I should never have left the brand, but the AMG was so tempting.. now I've learned my lesson though.

First things I'd like to do are smoke the tail lights and replace the front grill, any suggestions/links would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Stock 2006 IS350

Matador Red Mica
Tinted Windows - cheap that need to be replaced
Front hood is damaged - needs to be fixed
Interior is very dirty - needs to be cleaned

Hope to return it to good / better condition!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mowse

Looks great in red! I did smokey granite. I considered the ISF too but need 5 seats. Plus have a Cayman S in the garage. Need a daily driver that still kicks @ss. The F sport seats sold me! Congrats!
Forum: IS350 Owner's Forum
Assigned Moderators: IS-F-I-Found, METEORO, bartkat

Posted by: -1-
Original Content:
:)I purchased a new 2011 IS 350 F-Sport in Matador Red Mica two weeks ago. Definitely didn't want AWD. Wasn't considering the F-Sport, but I liked the factory lowered look via lowering springs, sway bars, cross member brace, and F-Sport exhaust and extras. Not sure about the dark factory 18" F-Sport wheels. Considering going with Five:AD R5F 19" wheels in silver or Stealth Chrome. Opinions? Had to have the NAV, sun roof, HIDs, and love the LEDs. The F-Sport exhaust is much louder and the ride much firmer than a regular IS 350. I like the sportiness and the look. After comparing a standard IS 350, couldn't go with bland. Local dealer had a low mileage 2008 IS-F for not much more than what I paid. The IS-F was appealing, but didn't need that much car as a daily driver and I love brand new. I have a Mercedes SLK 55 that spends a lot of time in the garage waiting for sunny days. I've loved the IS, second generations for years.

·
Registered
70 Posts
2011 IS350
Smoky Granite Mica
Black Leather Interior
Navigation
Misc. goodies ;)

BTW, the post before mine is my brother (Slash300ZX) :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
2007 IS350
Smoky Granite Mica
Tan Leather Interior
Fully loaded (minus the F-Sport stuff)

·
Registered
4 Posts
2012 IS350 AWD
Starfire Pearl
Ecru Interior
Levinson Nav
Luxury Plus (17" AWD)
F-sport exhaust
Rear lip spoiler
Bilstein performance shocks/springs
20% Tint all the way around

Custom ordered August 2011, delivered on 11/16 with 24mi, currently at ~600mi :D

Effin loving it!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, i hopped off the german express {bmw e46 330} and jumped in on the japanese scene now...lol i have an eye on my neighbors '06 is 350 red mica/tan {70kmi} for a while now and my neighbor finally put her 4 sale {100k mi pwrtrn warranty included} $20k big ones here's a thing ..my gf cousin also selling his '06 is 350 {80kmi} black/tan for $20k {no warranty} also...so really is just a matter of what color i wanted but warranty on the red surely awesome to have in my opinion, right ? What u guys think ? Im really a newbie on these is 350 and don't know what color is gd for modz in future....i love black but it seems like there's too many of them on streets now..not red. I hardly see them in my neighborhood. Btw all prices are firm.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Traded in my 2003 IS300 for a fully loaded 2008 IS350 (Nav, ML, 19" F-Sport wheels/suspension, etc.) this past weekend. Soooo much more powerful and luxurious than my old IS. And I don't think I could ever use actual car keys again... Smart Keys are amazing!

Pics:

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Traded in my 2003 IS300 for a fully loaded 2008 IS350 (Nav, ML, 19" F-Sport wheels/suspension, etc.) this past weekend. Soooo much more powerful and luxurious than my old IS. And I don't think I could ever use actual car keys again... Smart Keys are amazing!

Pics:

Very nice, and welcome! But just cuz it's a peeve of mine, it's not fully loaded, they just about never are despite nearly every 2IS for sale ad saying that

In the almost 5 years I've been around the 2IS I can count on one hand the number of actually fully loaded 2ISes I've seen and have fingers left over.

For one it's missing PCS (you can tell by the L emblem on the front grille)... I think it's missing headlamp washers, but can't tell for sure from the pics... and I'd need a shot of one of the front inside doors to tell what main package it's got.

PCS is probably the rarest 2IS option around though (other than getting Mark Levinson without nav- which didn't exist at all outside special orders, and since it's removing a feature wouldn't count toward a fully loaded car) and the headlamp washers seemed most common in northern cars, though I've seen those elsewhere.

Oh, and if you think the smart key fob is awesome, pick up one of these:
2008 IS350: Key - Smart Card - SmartAccess is a remarkable feature that enables the starting of your Lexus - without inserting a key - as long as the SmartAccess wallet transmitter is in the user's possession.SmartAccess functions are made possible b

Slip that in your wallet and you don't even need the fob :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Oops, you're right, Knightshade, my car is just loaded and not fully loaded. My bad. :)

That Smart Card is awesome! Do you know if a dealer will charge you an arm and a leg to program it?

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Oops, you're right, Knightshade, my car is just loaded and not fully loaded. My bad. :)

That Smart Card is awesome! Do you know if a dealer will charge you an arm and a leg to program it?
Dealer should charge 1/2 hour of labor, usually 50-60 bucks.

Only trick is some dealers aren't aware you can program that card for the 06-09 IS, you absolutely can (I have one I use on my 08) so call first to be sure they know what they're doing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello!
My name is Gary and I’m located in Clarksville, TN. I just bought a 2006 Silver IS350, with black interior. 36,XXX miles, navigation. I am not new to the car world. Before my IS350 I owned a 350z, built SRT-4, 1974 Toyota Corona, and a yellow IS300. I look forward to learning more about the car and meeting you guys. Hope to find great deals on parts on this forum. My plans for my car include.
1) Wald Spoiler
2) Front Lip
3) Tint
4) Roof Spoiler
5) Wheels ( Cannot decide on a concave look or wheels with lips)
6) Coilovers
7) OEM Black Emblems

·
Registered
2 Posts
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2006 is350
black
all stock
got it 2 days ago ;)
washed it and now time to begin the is350 captains log

·
Registered
4 Posts
New owner

Hi everyone, I just introduced myself in the Is 350 owners area, I just found this forum today and have only owned my 2009 IS 350 for 3 weeks, I got a really great deal on the car, My brother in law bought it new and he needed a bigger ride so I got it from him, she has 19000 miles on it and was cared for very well. I have to say I am still learning to work everything on the car, But so far it is one bad ride.
so hi everyone

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Bought New IS350 MRM Fully Loaded=) Back in 2010 But I just Joined Forum lol =) Modded it lately and got it to look like this lately =)

301 - 320 of 332 Posts