Lexus IS Forum banner

221 - 240 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

I just got my IS on Monday and Loving it!!
I got a 2008 IS350 Obsidian/Black with:

NAV
Luxury Package w/ 18' Wheels
Premium Accessory Package
Mark Levinson Audio

Amazing car and very happy to finally get one. Pictures to come :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
New IS 350

Whatsup Guys/Gals:

I've been an avid reader but recently decided to register on the site. I look forward to posting with you all.

Previously -
2001 IS 300
Blue / Black Interior w/ Alcantara
Traded-in @72k miles

Currently -
2008 IS 350
Obsidian / Grey Interior (I was originally going to get black/black but the contrast really makes the cabin look more appealing to me)
35% Tint

Sport Package (I test drove both Luxury and Sport for while and ultimately decided on the Sport, the handling difference was significantly enhanced. My rationale was if anyone is going to lower the ride height and tune the suspension who better than Lexus? The big reason I opted for the sports was due to the fact that this car hauls, and with 300+HP and amazing acceleration the most important thing to me is **tight handling. In terms of differences b/w the Sport and Luxury I didn't really need/want a rear shade, and as for the illuminated Scuff plates, the wiring is already there on the sport so its basically a plug and play if I buy the white ones. I have to admit though, the ride in the sport is definitely less forgiving on the road)

Other than that it has all the options you get on it. 18's and all the other great stuff Lexus put into it. The headlamp washers are pretty cool, definitely not necessary imo but cool nonetheless.

When I purchased the car my dealer was great, he even secured a free oil, lube & filter for 3 years every 5k miles. I also added the new IS-F interior dash trim kit which is basically like a silver/platinum carbon fiber. The manufacturer is making it currently and I should be getting it "installed" in about a week. I'll update with pics then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm excited to join to join the club, just picked up an '06 IS350. Smoky granite mica w/ grey leather. Luxury package and the g-spider wheels. So far I'm loving it.

Pics:

·
Registered
787 Posts
I got around to detailing my car two weeks ago and took some pics this past weekend. 2008 Starfire Pearl IS350 w/ Luxury Pkg + Nav + XM, which replaced my Tungsten Pearl 2007 pictured a few posts above.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here is my '08 black sapphire metallic IS350.
Luxury package
18" liquid graphite wheels
NAV, XM
I recently finished the break calipers in red, I'm just waiting to add the Lexus decals.
Great car!

·
Registered
3 Posts
These cars are beautiful. I totalled my SS Camaro about 2 weeks ago. I am now looking into the 350. Any recommendations as far as the luxury or sport pkg?? features/options?? I'm just trying to learn everything about the car and I'd appreciate any help/advice.

thanks!!

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
Whats up guys, im kinda new to this forum thing.. but here it goes...

2008 IS350 w/nav

you got yourself a great Vehicle!!!!! Enjoy , oh and almost everything you need to know about that vehicle is right here. ( a nice set of wheels really makes the IS stand out) + rep for the car..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, Got my 09 is350 About a week ago.

black on black
nav/bluetooth
rear cam/park assist
18" wheels

Love the car, My first car was a 1996 Pathfinder. I learned to drive with that car and had it for 3 years, then I got a 1999 audi a4. I loved that car and wondered how I drove that shi* pathfinder for 3 years. Then one day my lease came up and got a sick deal on a 2002 Audi s4. HOLY CRAP WHY DID I EVER GET RID OF THAT!?>!>?? I needed a car that could carry a motorcycle around, but didn't want to commit to a pickup so when the lease came up I got an Infiniti fx-35 with a tow package. I loved that car, but I hated driving it.

Well a few weeks after owning the LEXUS I am happy to say that I can finally enjoy driving again. On Christmas my old friend took me for a ride in his new STI with mods and tuning. That thing was so mean and fast I'm just dying to add mods to my car, well I don't know much and I'm not sure what to do so I'm here, I'll be reading all the old threads and stickys for a while, but I thought I'd introduve myself.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just purchased a 2006 IS350 in Crystal white with light gray interior a few weeks ago.
CPO through a Lexus Dealership in Columbus OH. One Owner, only 15,263 Miles. Nav, Backup Camera, Spoiler & No Front plate holder installed ;)

Paid $29,500

Already have 1000 Miles on it and am loving every bit of it!

Current PICS can be seen in my sig ;)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Just purchased a 2006 IS350 in Crystal white with light gray interior a few weeks ago.
CPO through a Lexus Dealership in Columbus OH. One Owner, only 15,263 Miles. Nav, Backup Camera, Spoiler & No Front plate holder installed ;)

Paid $29,500

Already have 1000 Miles on it and am loving every bit of it!

Current PICS can be seen in my sig ;)
Nice.. That's a low mileage '06. I thought I was keeping mine fairly low and I'm approaching 30K.

-Mike

·
Registered
269 Posts
New 2008 Smoky Granite Mica IS 350 owner in Laurel, MD

Just came back from Lexus of Silver Spring (in Maryland) after having purchased my 2008 IS 350 in Smokey Granite Mica w/ Grey Interior. Options included the Sports Package (which has Navi), Rear Spoiler, Headlamp Washers, and Preferred Accessory Package. Final price was $36,850 w/ XM Radio Installed (+ fees) (looking at the breakdown - it's $36,255 for the car + $595.00 for the XM to be installed). The MSRP was $44,650.00 on the car. I'm not sure what the invoice is - I want to say around $39,xxx?

I took advantage of the 3.9% financing for 60 months.

I'm so glad this is over, I was spending so much time emailing, reading forums - I only went to a dealer twice, but prob would have done more visiting if I didn't finally finish this. Maybe I could have held out longer and maybe gotten a lower price, but I definitely wanted the Sports Package and there were only two remaining at one dealership in my area - the remaining 2008 IS 350s in my area are all luxury package. They're also mainly silver too so I'm glad I was able to get Smoky.

I'll be picking it up on Friday because we're in a religious period of mourning so I really shouldn't get a car right now out of respect. But since I wanted to save the cash on an '08, I had to make my purchase now. It's going to be a long wait til Friday :(

First order of business is to order the VAIS unit so that I can watch use my iPod and watch movies from it w/ Nav System. I've already gotten a little help on this from Knightshade in the Lexus Ipod Integration Kit thread.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Just came back from Lexus of Silver Spring (in Maryland) after having purchased my 2008 IS 350 in Smokey Granite Mika w/ Grey Interior. Options included the Sports Package (which has Navi), Rear Spoiler, Headlamp Washers, and Preferred Accessory Package. Final price was $36,850 w/ XM Radio Installed (+ fees) (looking at the breakdown - it's $36,255 for the car + $595.00 for the XM to be installed). The MSRP was $44,650.00 on the car. I'm not sure what the invoice is - I want to say around $39,xxx?

I took advantage of the 3.9% financing for 60 months.

I'm so glad this is over, I was spending so much time emailing, reading forums - I only went to a dealer twice, but prob would have done more visiting if I didn't finally finish this. Maybe I could have held out longer and maybe gotten a lower price, but I definitely wanted the Sports Package and there were only two remaining at one dealership in my area - the remaining 2008 IS 350s in my area are all luxury package. They're also mainly silver too so I'm glad I was able to get Smoky.

I'll be picking it up on Friday because we're in a religious period of mourning so I really shouldn't get a car right now out of respect. But since I wanted to save the cash on an '08, I had to make my purchase now. It's going to be a long wait til Friday :(

First order of business is to order the VAIS unit so that I can watch use my iPod and watch movies from it w/ Nav System. I've already gotten a little help on this from Knightshade in the Lexus Ipod Integration Kit thread.
Wow... $36.8k? That's really nice..
I bought mine used for around that price lol.
Excellent color choice my friend! :approve:
Congrats on the car!

Post pics when you do get it! :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Wow... $36.8k? That's really nice..
I bought mine used for around that price lol.
Excellent color choice my friend! :approve:
Congrats on the car!

Post pics when you do get it! :)
yep, again, final number $36,850 w/ XM included - if you separate them out, then $595 for XM + $36,255.

You paid around what I paid for a used one? When and w/ how many miles? I shouldn't get too many props for my low price considering the end of the year models, recession, etc. It's strange that I bought an '08 new in '09 - I remember when we bought my wife's 2007 Accord new, it was in late September of 2007. It's pretty strange for the '08s to still be lingering around right? I'd like to think that's pretty much why I got it for what I did.

I'm also glad you approve of my color choice. Again, I feel silver's just too common.

Will post pics as soon as I pick up on Friday. Thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to learning and contributing to the forums.

221 - 240 of 332 Posts