Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
YOU FIRST! ;)

Black on black here with ML, LP and Park Assist!

BY THE WAY, PICS ARE APPRECIATED! :)

WAS GOING FOR A SOFT FOCUS, BUT THIS IS WHAT I GOT WITH THE POINT AND SHOOT... SORRY.

BURNIN' RUBBER:

Haven't had this much fun since riding a roller coaster! :)

Short vid clip, my apologies for lack of quality, only had a point and shoot camera handy.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8785399417520196771

MINOR WARNING, THERE ARE NO IMAGES, BUT WHEN YOU ENLARGE PICS BELOW THE SIDE OF THE SCREEN MAY CONTAIN POSSIBLY NWS WORDS WITH LINKS TO NWS SITES.

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. I got the standard IS350 in Matador Red with black inerior and with 18" wheels. I didn't start out to look for red, but after driving, I just had to have the car and the Lexus people treated me so well. The color looks different in different lighting conditions, and is just so deep and sparkley in sunlight. It's grown on me.

·
Registered
390 Posts
SGM w/ black interior, sports package, NV, and parking assist. Installed a clear bra and 27% tint all the way around. It looks sharp when it's clean...speaking of that...it needs a bath this weekend.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Crystal white here/black int. standard premium package. I too liked the matador red, but was worried about insurance. Crystal white for me was very clean to have.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Check out the sig for mine. My dad also has a Matador red 350 with the g-spider 18's and my sister has a Breakwater Blue metallic AWD 250 with the luxury package and GS300 chromes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
IS350
Blue Onyx
18" Wheels
ClearBra
Phillips HID Retrofit

Traded in a 2003 M3 and cut my monthly payment in half.

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fline said:
IS350
Blue Onyx
18" Wheels
ClearBra
Phillips HID Retrofit

Traded in a 2003 M3 and cut my monthly payment in half.
How did the HID install go? Some people seem to have some problems with condensation. Where did you get your kit? I want to install HID but I'd like to work around some of the install issues, mainly the routing of the wires.

·
Registered
18 Posts
bartkat said:
How did the HID install go? Some people seem to have some problems with condensation. Where did you get your kit? I want to install HID but I'd like to work around some of the install issues, mainly the routing of the wires.

---------

I bought a 6000k phillips kit from xenondepot. The kit looked to be of higher quality than the competition. On arrival, I was surprised to find no directions whatsoever. Quality was very good, with low-profile ignitors, etc. No matter what you do, you have to drill holes into the dust cover. Rubber plugs to seal the wires are provided. The only way around this would be to access the OEM wiring cover which is below the light housing and would probably require removal of the bumper or mucho access while on a lift. The wiring harness for the lights are INSIDE the dust cover, which requires routing the light wiring and the harness wire for one side. The other harness is not used. Both lights can be installed with only removal of the air cleaner housing. You will find a lack of space to secure the ballasts/etc.

Another nice addition is the 5-LED parking light replacement. The site I used was V-leds.com. They cost about $13.00 shipped. I had the blue ones and switched to the lighter blue ones. The blues were too wild for me.

I'll try to figure out picture posting and send some photos.

No condensation.

·
Registered
39 Posts
IS350
Matador Red
Black Interior
Luxury Package
Navigation System
Mark Levinson
Park Assist
G-Spider wheels w/ stock tires
Stock wheels w/ Blizzak snows
35% tint

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fline said:
---------

I bought a 6000k phillips kit from xenondepot. The kit looked to be of higher quality than the competition. On arrival, I was surprised to find no directions whatsoever. Quality was very good, with low-profile ignitors, etc. No matter what you do, you have to drill holes into the dust cover. Rubber plugs to seal the wires are provided. The only way around this would be to access the OEM wiring cover which is below the light housing and would probably require removal of the bumper or mucho access while on a lift. The wiring harness for the lights are INSIDE the dust cover, which requires routing the light wiring and the harness wire for one side. The other harness is not used. Both lights can be installed with only removal of the air cleaner housing. You will find a lack of space to secure the ballasts/etc.

Another nice addition is the 5-LED parking light replacement. The site I used was V-leds.com. They cost about $13.00 shipped. I had the blue ones and switched to the lighter blue ones. The blues were too wild for me.

I'll try to figure out picture posting and send some photos.

No condensation.

Thanks for the good info.

·
Registered
171 Posts
IS350
tungsten pearl
premium w/ cargo net, mats, etc
18" stock wheels

pretty bone stock but it was cheap

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jakb said:
IS350
tungsten pearl
premium w/ cargo net, mats, etc
18" stock wheels

pretty bone stock but it was cheap
Yeah mine too. It's got everything I need. The over $40,000 price is what kept me out of a GS. I'm glad I waited though.

·
Registered
445 Posts
i bought my kit off ebay, hella and phillips. my kit had instructions, but it did not have rubber grommets. i had to drill 1" holes in the back of the head light cover to accomodate the wires and grommet. ( grommets had to buy at discount auto). there are some pics and a tutorial that has exactly what im talkn about floating around here. so far, its been good. i sealed the grommet and the hole where the wires go thru with silicone 2 times. hopefully thatll keep away the moisture.

1 - 20 of 332 Posts