Lexus IS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
New 250

Just picked up an 08 IS 250 RWD with manual gearbox. Black leather interior, black sapphire pearl paint. 18 inch wheels, sport package.

·
Registered
84 Posts
06 awd - black on black, everything stock but lookin to do some f-sport upgrades

·
Registered
15 Posts
My new IS 250

I just got an 08 IS 250 RWD, Smoky Granite exterior, Cashmere Leather Interior, Premium Package. I got it on the June 18th and paid a little over 31k for it. I just got my windows tinted on Saturday needed that it was to hot here in GA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
whats up everyone ..im new to this forum!!i bought my IS aug 2007 ..automatic black on black leathers wish i had the navi =/ i got exhaust and front grill..RWD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone... noob to the site..and to the car...
In May got an AWD 250... Obsidian with Cashmere interior, Nav, lux package, XM (converted to Sirrius), rear spoiler and Sport Exhaust. First Lexus and totally in love with it! It is everything I ever imagined. I still stare at the window sticker... I think I need help :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
06 Is250

[I just bought a 2006 IS250 last week.It is glacier frost with navigation and most all options.It has 46k miles on it.I gave $20,000 for it. I bought it on e-bay and couldn't believe no one else bid on it.The guy was coming to his parents house in Knoxville which is an hour and a half from my house so he basically delivered it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Starfire Pearl 2008 IS250 AWD

I just bought a Starfire Pearl 2008 IS250 AWD with:
- Navigation
- Luxury package
- Premium Package
- Headlamp Washers
- Rear Lip Spoiler
- All Weather Mats
- Preferred Accessory Package

The car was 3 month old with 3kMiles on it - bought from a Rhode Island Lexus Dealer and Exported to Ottawa, Ontario.

Paid ~US$36k - a little above my original budget (originally targeted towards a 2007 version with less options), but when I saw this car, I just couldn't walk away!!!

Just in case anyone is wondering, here are the MSRP prices for this exact car in both Canada and the US (includes all the above options and dealer delivery charges):
- US MSRP = US$41,329.00
- Canadian MSRP = CAN$52,109.00

After an 8-hour Drive from Door to Door and through 2-country custom offices (i.e. US export and Canada import), I am still so much in love with this car!!!

All the exporting/importing steps went very smoothly, and this car required ZERO modifications for the Canadian market. I only have one step to complete registration, which is the Ontario safety inspection, and that's because I decided to wait for a Lexus Dealer to do it, instead of opting for a "walk-in" style shop to do it (e.g. Canadian Tire).

So if anyone has any questions about Importing a Lexus IS 250 to Canada, let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have a Smokey granite 2008 IS250 RWD, 6MT bought brand new in May. I am in Canada and have the base model. I was very disappointed with the options and packages because I wanted cloth interior, a manual transmission, and the 3.5 liter engine. So, I stuck with the manual tranny, because I drive golf carts when I'm golfing, and so the stock 250 model it was. You could add sunroof, navigation, HID, rims/suspension, but there were no packages offered with just cloth interior, so you were paying a premium ... that and a 3 month wait to build your car!

I ended up buying 19" rims and wider tires because the stock 16" rims looked horrible and I have turned them into winter rims.

I have had the car for about 6 months and have logged almost 16,000Km and it's time for my first paid service. I had the dealer install the f sport short shifting kit and I highly recommend it to any other manual owners out there. It boggles my mind why Lexus didn't offer this stock? $$??

I installed a HID kit in the low beams and fogs and need replace the 194 position lights because it looks like a Christmas tree. Thanks MyIS forum for showing me how!!! I also did a tint and 3M clear bra. I am very satisfied with my car with looks and overall drivability. My low profile rims improved the handling and cornering for the summer and added a more aggressive look.

My only complaints are:
-a few slight squeaks in the fit and finish (I was told by my dealer that it was due to the plastic materials used in the doors that were reacting to the cold) >> so I play my music a little louder :)
-a completely useless cup holder that was designed to be functional ... if I bought an automatic!!!
-horribly planned package offerings >> I'd like to see a clubsport edition IS350 with cloth interior and 6MT
-the seat belt beeping, but I understand the safety aspect
-and the idiot who designed bright white LED map lights with ugly yellow dome lights!!??!?!?!!

Now that it's winter time for me here and I'm in hibernating mode, I am excited to start some mods on the car and look forward to seeing everyone else's cars and ideas.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Guys I have IS 250 AWD 2008 model, Have it over a period of 10 months and iam enjoying every bit of it. Its fully loaded with Voice-Activated Navigation, heated seated, rain sensing Windsheild wiper,SeatTrim Leather, Ventilated Seats Front Ventilated seats , Sunshade Power rear sunshade and a spoiler. Color: Smoky granite mica with 17" alloy wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi!

This evening I got my new car! 250 awd (as my name says)

I have been a very active forum poster on past vehicles, more specifically my Jeep SRT-8.

I hope to learn alot from everyone, and eventually contribute

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Everyone.

By now, I'm sure every combination of packages and parts have probably been mentioned. But what the hell.

I've got a '08 250 AWD. Special thing was the price. We (parents and I) walked out the door with the car for 29500. It was a demo with a manager's special. Not to mention, my mom haggles like no other. I was starting to feel bad for the dealership, but then again, we did already get a GX-470 from the same place.

It's a basic car, without any packages really. The AWD is the only difference between my car and the basic 250, but I guess I hope to change it. It's obsidian black with a black interior. No nav, sound, or anything added to it.

Hoping to add something to increase the horrible power.

Cheers.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm finally in the IS250 game!

I just picked up my 2007 IS250.

Obsidian Black / Cashmere interior
6-speed MT RWD
HL - HID's with AFS
XE - sport package, suspension, 18's 5-spoke,
alloy pedals. illuminated scuff plates, front lip spoiler
PT - Luxury package - Heated/ventilated front seats, wood trim,
perforated seat upgrade.
13,400 miles
+
USA Spec Ipod integration < awesome!

Stuck in the frozen north....I've only logged about 500 miles but I can tell I am going to be very pleased with this car in the long run.

At this point, this IS250 is an extra vehicle and will see only limited duty on the snowy days.

....but I did flip off the TC and drifted a few snomy corners on my summer Bridgestones late last night!

Jealous of you folks who have year round driving without snow!

Slick Speed :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
howdy folkss!
i just picked up a brand spankin new 09 IS 250 rwd in starfire pearl.
i've already done a few things to change it up, but my IS came equipped with heated seats, moonroof, voice activated navi, bluetooth connection, 18inch alloys and all the other goodies they all have.
i already feel the modding bug skratchin, so i'll post pics soon ;].

my other car is on 04 toyota krolla S that i've done tons of different/original mods to. i look forward to doing the same with my lexus.

141 - 160 of 275 Posts