Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Stock looks like every other car out there. To me, yellow fogs is what makes Lexus so distinctive and different than other manufacturers. Everytime I see a car with yellow fogs it's always a Lexus. Love the yellow =)

·
Registered
141 Posts
shrka said:
onihc ~ did you change the fog color yourself?
Yes, changed fog light bulbs to aftermarket yellows. I wanted to imitate to look of 1st gen Toyota IS300's and Toyota GS300/400's. I am currently researching for a reliable HID kit with 4300k color. Anyone with have positive experience with aftermarket HIDs?
thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
on my previous car, i had 8000K hid. it was sure bliss...but i didn't have hi beams.
so I would like to find an aftermarket that has both at 8000K.
please advise if anyone has this...

thank you in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
06 Lexus IS 250
- Tungsten Pearl w/ Black Leather (heated & cooled) & Auburn Bird's Eye Maple Accent

- Premium Package with Additional Options:
- Premium Package
- 18-in Alloy Wheels with Summer Tires
- Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)

·
Registered
1 Posts
06 IS 250 Base Tungsten Pearl with Black Interior.
18" Wheels, 6 Spd Manual Tranny.
Prior to that I had a 2003 C230 Kompressor with sport package and 6 spd manual.
The new IS handles alot better then my C230 K did. Overall I give my props to lexus... However the C230 felt a little more comfortable in everyday driving.

·
Registered
200 Posts
IS_TruceFizzle said:
Bartkat, I can attest to that feeling. lol I've hit 6500rpm several times after breaking in the IS250 at 1000 miles instead of the 600 something suggested break-in. Anyways, that's when I discovered that orange turns to red at a certain rpm, I think 5000-5500rpm. I dont know whether or not the red light is adjustable though.
lol the orange rings on the tach turn red when u hit redline :] just rev your engine and watch your tach nifty little feature a bit distracting though.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i have sgm with black interior with 18' wheels wood trim and seat warmers. i love my car. i already have over 4k miles on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Blue Onyx IS 250AWD with Grey Interior here.
I've only seen 2 other IS in the jersey area here both were tungesten silver 350's.

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
Lexus_girl said:
Got my IS250 RWD in December.
Glacier/Sterling 18' wheels
All stock for now.

-Happy driver :approve:

Shannon, looks sweet!! When I first saw the pic, I was like..hmmm that place looks so familiar, the I realized it was you.
Joaquin and I are going crazy here!
Waiting for the sports package to be readily available.

·
Mod er 8 er
608 Posts
METEORO said:
Shannon, looks sweet!! When I first saw the pic, I was like..hmmm that place looks so familiar, the I realized it was you.
Joaquin and I are going crazy here!
Waiting for the sports package to be readily available.
I know how you feel, and believe me if I had that package, they would sell faster than we could get them in. I would have liked to have gotten the HID's and memory seats, but I do love my 250!

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Lexus_girl said:
I know how you feel, and believe me if I had that package, they would sell faster than we could get them in. I would have liked to have gotten the HID's and memory seats, but I do love my 250!
I wanted HID too but not available at the time and I wanted to be first. :) Besides I didn't want to drive the price up with one of the "big" packages.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So how did anyone get the sports package? I would have died for the sports package. I got the red one with black interior. I almost got the 350 but then dad noticed the 0-60 in 5.6 sec... he was like ha F that. The dealer told me they werent selling the 350's though i was pretty bummed... but i got the 18 inch in the back. The 255's are really nice. I got mine dec 30. I really wish i had the xenons and the heated/ventilated seats. Dad wont let me put in the xenons because of warranty :(

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
kash1123 said:
So how did anyone get the sports package? I would have died for the sports package. I got the red one with black interior. I almost got the 350 but then dad noticed the 0-60 in 5.6 sec... he was like ha F that. The dealer told me they werent selling the 350's though i was pretty bummed... but i got the 18 inch in the back. The 255's are really nice. I got mine dec 30. I really wish i had the xenons and the heated/ventilated seats. Dad wont let me put in the xenons because of warranty :(
Welcome to the forum. I think there's at least one member here with sport package.

I wish I could have got adaptive HID Too, but it just hasn't been possible around here.

21 - 40 of 275 Posts