Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 275 Posts

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell us about your new IS. Color, interior, packages, and stuff. Maybe what kind of deal you got or anything else you'd like to say about the car.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I have a Black Onyx IS250 AWD base model. Have had it for over a month now and love it. Even tho it's the base model, it already has everything I need or don't need for that matter. The cloth seats are simply amazing. They hold your body VERY well when cornering ( I have tried both leather and cloth ). In Canada we have very crappy packages to choose from and they are ridiculously overpriced which is one of the prime reasons I had to stay away from them. One thing that really disappoints me is how the new IS does not come standard with HIDs. The power is improving as I put on more mileage onto the car. Handling is very sharp and precise. I also had some opportunities to play around a bit in the snow. With the vsc unable to be turned off, the fun was limited as the car cut the power and stopped the rear wheels spinning when I forced the car into an oversteer. Nonetheless, this is an EXCELLENT car and as my first Lexus, I'm very happy I got this over it's competitors.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey fellow 2nd generation owners, it's nice to be one of the first to have one as you really get a lot of 2nd takes on the road. Anyways specs, IS250 6spd black on black leather base package. All I have to say about the base package is that there are enough perks to satisfy many owners.

-Best feature: the adjustable shift lights! (for me at least)
-Worst feature: Cup holder right next to manual gearbox.

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
bartkat said:
Cool. I wasn't aware they had cloth seats. Must be a Canada thing.
Yes, Canada has them available. Originally, they were going to be standard, and leather optional, just as the original IS.
By the time we went to the press event @ Terrytown, Lexus had changed their mind for the US market and made leather standard.

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
IS_TruceFizzle said:
-Best feature: the adjustable shift lights! (for me at least)

The adjustable shift lights are fun!!! I had a blast with them.
Question, can you set both speed and RPM or only one?

IS_TruceFizzle said:
-Worst feature: Cup holder right next to manual gearbox.
Yeap that must suck, specially during spirted driving.
When I drove the 6-speed, I made the same comment about it, that it was in the way.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
METEORO said:
The adjustable shift lights are fun!!! I had a blast with them.
Question, can you set both speed and RPM or only one?

Yeap that must suck, specially during spirted driving.
When I drove the 6-speed, I made the same comment about it, that it was in the way.
You can set both the speed and RPM to go off simultaneously. :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
slim.AP1 said:
You can set both the speed and RPM to go off simultaneously. :)

yeah, the key to setting your shift light points is the "satellite button." You can even set the tire pressure monitoring to 2 specific PSI settings with the satellite feature. The first PSI setting is for your stock tire pressure and the 2nd setting is for aftermarket wheels. ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
bartkat said:
I've kept increasing my speed light cause it kept coming on and scaring me.
Bartkat, I can attest to that feeling. lol I've hit 6500rpm several times after breaking in the IS250 at 1000 miles instead of the 600 something suggested break-in. Anyways, that's when I discovered that orange turns to red at a certain rpm, I think 5000-5500rpm. I dont know whether or not the red light is adjustable though.

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IS_TruceFizzle said:
Bartkat, I can attest to that feeling. lol I've hit 6500rpm several times after breaking in the IS250 at 1000 miles instead of the 600 something suggested break-in. Anyways, that's when I discovered that orange turns to red at a certain rpm, I think 5000-5500rpm. I dont know whether or not the red light is adjustable though.
Yeah, I finally set my speedo at 100 and the tach to 6000. If I do acceleration runs I usually hit at least 100, just can't back out of it. In automatic the tach lights up at 6000 right before it shifts at full throttle. Love the light show.

I ran it up to redline in third gear the other day. Hit the reve limiter and kept bouncing off and on. Don't remember seeing a light though.

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
bartkat said:
I haven't seen the sterling in person, but I understand it's really nice. How's the ride with the sport package?
yep its very nice :p

The ride with the sport package is pretty stiff but its not unbearably stiff just enough for that sporty feel, and for a stock car it handles very well.

·
Registered
228 Posts
nice color sexylexy, props as I have yet to see a SGM on the streets. I've either seen black onyx or pearl white. Oh, and I forgot about the older lady that bought a fully loaded desert sage/beige interior lex. Pretty interesting color.

·
Registered
51 Posts
just got mine last night. tungsten pearl with black interior RWD base model...manual tranny
Love it already. super happy with my purchase.
can't wait for someone to chip it.

Rayunited~ who did your hid and what power? I really want one on mine.

onihc ~ did you change the fog color yourself?

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
^^ i think that the stock color is way more classy than yellow. the yellow is too toyota. Nice but i dont find it classy. but to each his own.

1 - 20 of 275 Posts