Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i havent seen many posts or people who have the tein comfort sports on their 2is. i see a lot of people rollin on tein super sport.

i have a 250 RWD...wat do your reviews on these coils??
also...showstoppersusa.com are they a realiable site?? is it free s/h??

thnx in advanced for all the feedback
andrew

·
Registered
146 Posts
yo wassup man i got the TEIN CS on my 350, they ride real good man..everyone who rides in my car says that it rides real good considering how low it is. it gives a good drop but if u max the coils all the way front and back you will get and uneven drop.the bak sags but thats where the playin with tthe adjustability comes in handy. i dumped my front end with afront lip and my rear is set to where it is a lil bit higher that the front so its drops more in the front than baks.i'd have to say its looks clean to me not jus cuz its my car i aint a cocky guy im jus tellin u the truth of what i think so u can get a good idea of the coils. plus doin it that way helps when u have people in ur car especially in the bakcuz when they hop in the car drops nicely.i dont know how to post up pics on here but if u have amyspace i'll give u the URL so u can see what it loosk liek with the TEIN CS. hope my intel helped u in ur decision. oh and about them supersports they good too but remember u have a Nice luxury car u want to keep the ride quality good and i'll tell u now the CS are GOOD. get the EDFC too it helps a lot especially when u go for a cruise in the mountains.

myspace.com/japkiid

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thnx a whole bunch
that helped me alot.
btw...where and how much did you get your CS for?/
and wat are EDFC??

·
Registered
146 Posts
yer welcome man.i know how it feels to look for suspension.i went thru the same thing.so i tried to answer all the question that i was askin people when i was shoppin around. but yeah i got mines for about $1,260 plus about another $370 for the EDFC the EDFC is a Electronic Dampening Force Controller with the EDFC u can pretty much adjust the stiffness in ur ride from the inside without having to mess with it under the hood and trunk everytime u change terrain. Not the ride height but liek how soft or hard u want ur coils to be.its a pretty good feature to have since ur lookin at Tein. but good luck man hope u like whichever suspension u end up choosing

·
Registered
14 Posts
i am thinking of planning the tein cs but would you recommend the EDFC? How much did it cost for your installation with edfc and where did you place it?

how would it compare stock ride to tein cs? thxs

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am thinking of planning the tein cs but would you recommend the EDFC? How much did it cost for your installation with edfc and where did you place it?

how would it compare stock ride to tein cs? thxs
The prices for the EDFC is about $360-$380, depending if you the the strut kit or not. But I'm not sure. I'll double check on that for you. As far as placements go, I've seen people put it in their ashtray, next to the lighter thing. I've seen a thread here a while back on a guy who put the EDFC there. You can probably search it or I can find it for you. And from wat japboii tells me, it rides smooth. x]

Hope that helped x]

·
Registered
146 Posts
dang i havent been to this thread in awhile but in case ur still wondering the EDFC is a good thing to have its jus a extra if u ask me its not required but since the TEIN CS is compatible then take advantage of having it since most other suspensions dont have it besides TANABE. i had my coils and edfc installed at at shop who i used to work with cuz i used to work at a dealership who had there own performance shop so i payed $455 for installation of coils and edfc.the edfc is what cost more because they gotta do it clean and hard wire it throughout the car to reach all 4 corners of the suspension.and i chose to place my controller in our nice lil glovebox.sat it right on the top lil shelf thing in there.i chose there because the glovebox is closer to the firewall where all the power comes from being that the batterey and ecu are in same area under the hood.and u dont really need to have it in close reach because u only have to adjust it once when u go in the mountains or for the freeways or jus street use anyways.but by all means if u have a better plac for it then go for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
yer welcome man.i know how it feels to look for suspension.i went thru the same thing.so i tried to answer all the question that i was askin people when i was shoppin around. but yeah i got mines for about $1,260 plus about another $370 for the EDFC the EDFC is a Electronic Dampening Force Controller with the EDFC u can pretty much adjust the stiffness in ur ride from the inside without having to mess with it under the hood and trunk everytime u change terrain. Not the ride height but liek how soft or hard u want ur coils to be.its a pretty good feature to have since ur lookin at Tein. but good luck man hope u like whichever suspension u end up choosing
Where do you get the Tein CS for $1260?

Leo

·
Registered
146 Posts
oh yeah bro i got it when it first came out so it was cheaper then than now.but now they run around $1,600 some sites have it for $1,400 but i forgot where i found it for that price.i'll try and search it and if i find it ill let u kno.

·
Registered
7 Posts
how low does it go? Post some pix!!!
the front right is lowered almost all the way down. maybe 2-3 threads left. the rear can get lower... and the ride on the tein CS is pretty good. i had them for like 15-20k miles and they ride pretty well. no one has every complained about a bumper ride. i'm actually selling my Tein CS setup over on CL, i don't have enough posts here to put it up for sale.. urgh!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts