Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have em? how much of a drop are they? Is your camber messed up? Thinking of getting some from Ebay...but need some opinions first.
Thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I did Bilsteins and Tein S-Techs. I got 2.5 in rear and 2 in front. I know the average is 1.5-1.75 in rear and 1.25-1.6 in front with just coils. I would realign no matter what.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NPB4ME said:
I did Bilsteins and Tein S-Techs. I got 2.5 in rear and 2 in front. I know the average is 1.5-1.75 in rear and 1.25-1.6 in front with just coils. I would realign no matter what.
wut do u mean- the 'average'? is your's lower b/c of the Bilsteins? I was planning on rolling with the OEM struts for now anyhow...

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i've heard that the the addition of bilstein shocks will give you a slightly lower drop

if your gonna ride on your stock shocks, i would expect a drop somewhere around 1.75" after settling, don't forget to get your car aligned too

do you plan on buying aftermarket shocks in the future?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Inochi3 said:
i've heard that the the addition of bilstein shocks will give you a slightly lower drop

if your gonna ride on your stock shocks, i would expect a drop somewhere around 1.75" after settling, don't forget to get your car aligned too

do you plan on buying aftermarket shocks in the future?
ya- that's the plan- I dunno if what the use tho- what do u recommend? I don't want a set of struts that will lower the ride height even more than the springs orig do...i've also heard that Eibach makes a 'cup' set-up? Pretty much a real coil-over set-up.... anyone heard of them? how much?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i've always liked the koni yellow shocks, i had them on my previous car and they were awesome

as for the cup set up, it sounds like it's just the regular springs and they add some aftermarket shocks like tokico, koni or bilstein making it more of a spring/shock setup than a coilover setup

if you still want ride height adjustability but can't afford coilovers, you can get coilover sleeves like ground control and pair them up with some good shocks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts