Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been about 2 weeks since I've installed tein S tech on my 03 SD IS300. This is just my personal opinion but I just thought about posting it here.

1. tein says that the product is going to lower 1.5in on front and 1.6 on rear but to me, the rear seemed to drop little more. I've taken out subs and spare tire and I still think so.

2. Front got little stiffer.. that's good.. but ABS seems to activate lot faster than how I want it.... again it's just my preference but it's almost to the point where I want to cancel my ABS.

3. I noticed that I feel more of rear body roll now. I need to check up on spring rate again.. but rear feels lot softer than front.

4. it is lot easier to control and keep the power slide.

so people out there w/ stock shocks and tein stech combo what do you think?? and people who are thinking about getting just a springs installed.. get a shocks at same time. I'm getting koni adjustable really soon. It feels like an incomplete school project and getting D-. It just doesn't feel right to me. Reply about anything regarding shocks/spring combo people :D :D

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I had HKS Damper II's so any spring is not really comparable, but so far- I dislike the s-techs and I believe the drop was 1.3f 1.4 r.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
jdm_altezza02 said:
the rear always seems lower than the front :roll:
yeah, and with the eibach pro kit/ ltuned springs, its the exact opposite...

lower in the front, slightly higher in the back....which is a good thing....esepcially performance wise...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one more thing that I want to add

I also noticed that on high speed corners 80~110 the front feels the lift all from no where.... I don't know if this is because of my alignment but I sure had to let go of my gas little more than stock..

·
Registered
322 Posts
yea i have the s-techs with stock shocks and the rear looks a tad bit lower... i havent taken out my spare though...going to try that in a bit

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
Re: one more thing that I want to add

NoOneIsPerfect said:
I also noticed that on high speed corners 80~110 the front feels the lift all from no where.... I don't know if this is because of my alignment but I sure had to let go of my gas little more than stock..
What do you mean you "the front feels the lift all from no where.."? Can you elaborate?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well.. I just feel like I lose traction on 2 front tires when I'm taking the high speed corners. haha.. sorry I'm some what of a FOB :lol:

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
i have this setup and i dont have any problems with it.
the ride will be soft compared to those who have aftermarket shocks or coilovers.
the fix, get aftermarket shocks. For now, its slightly firmer than the stock/stoch setup and is borderline b4 my friends stop riding with me :roll:

the rear is dropped alittle lower than the front, about 1/4-1/2 finger gap difference. Again, most RWD cars are lower in the rear than the front. look at most bmw's or merc's if you dont believe me. then again, i did not cut 0.4" of the front rubber stops (as the manual sugggested). otherwise, i could prolly get the wheelgap to be the same.
I have no felt any of the front two tires going airborne :lol:

my 0.02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts