Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to finally purchase some tein s-tech springs. I debated abuot these and H&R and it seemed I would have less problems with these. After reading lots of posts, I'm not sure if I should buy aftermarket shocks as well?? I want to keep the stock smooth ride. Give me your thoughts. Also post some pics if you have tein s-tech on stock wheels

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I got the S Tech's on my car a week ago. It says 1.5 front and 1.6 back, but mine is 2.0 all around im guessing. it went a little lower than said. :-? Also, the rear camber went bad just a little, the tires are out now. I will be getting an alignment this week, so hopefully that gets better.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
when i got my stechs installed....the ride quality of the car was still good
stock shocks where holding fine....

but i highly recommend you get your car re-alligned a week after the install since you will have camber problems which will lead to wearing out of tires alot faster.....give it a week to let the car fully settle.

the car will ride fine with stock shocks....mine got blown from an accident, not the wear from the springs

the stechs look like a 1.5 in the front and 1.75 in the back
looks fine on my car....

the H&R are 2inch drop...wanted those, but got a deal on the tein's
i scrape sometimes going up my steep driveway.....

good luck

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Ehh Jeff I highly recommend getting aftermarket shocks. Its just alot more smarter to do for now and for the future. Search and you'll see why. I highly recommend the Koni Yellows... i too also am riding on the Koni yellows' w/ Tein Stechs...

I dont know if you noticed how low my car was that day we met up but Its a perfect drop IMO. The tires just almost barely begin to tuck while the ride quality is great unless your going 70 and hit some bumps which then you'll start bouncing a little bit... but then again i'm on a really soft setting. PM me if you have any questions.

PS is300soon has the best prices for the Koni's IMO>

·
Registered
214 Posts
I thought I should go with TEINS at first...

Now its all save up for ZEALS baby

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
if you lower it with stock shocks, the actual drop will be more than the 1.5/1.6 that the tein springs are rated for.

personally i'm using tokico illuminas, and they are just fine. a bit stiff if you hit consecutive bumps, but otherwise the ride is close to stock (on the softest setting)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts