Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to buy a set of the Tein HA coilovers and on the product selection it has "Upper Pillow Ball Mounts - +$300"
What exactly are these upper pillow things and do i need to get them with the coil-overs? are they worth the extra 300 bux? :-?

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Depends on what your goal is.

If you're very serious about tracking your car and want every possible edge, then YES.

If you are using it on the street, then NO. The pillow ball mounts replace the stock rubber bushing at the top of the shock tower. They may be more accurate in locatiing the suspension, but that hard mount becomes a disadvantage on the street, increasing noise as well as contributing to a harsher ride. Also, on the Tien HA set, it removes the stock rear spring perch which is almost a structural member in the way it triangulates the upper suspension mount.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the Tein HA's MSRP is about $1,300. I have seen sites selling them for $980...i've heard that they are great shocks, great quality as one would expect from Tein. There are better systems, but they cost a hella'lot more. IF you get these, make sure to get a FDFC (i think thats the acronmy) because otherwise, you have to take out the backseat in order to adjust the rear shocks... :wink:

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Why would you have to take out the seats? All you have to do is take out the panels in the trunk and keep them off if you want to ajust the stiffness, if not set it to what you like and put the covers on. I got the HAs a week ago on my IS and I love them.

·
Registered
535 Posts
dont have to take out back seat.. just remove the cover ..inside ur trunk to adjust it.
TEIN ha is good !
my setting is at middle rite now.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
GRRR u can use the edfc with the teins HAs numerous people on the board are including myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
Sentinel
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing