Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
i did some searches here and found that everyone seems to like the tein h-tech springs. I am looking for some springs that will work with stock shocks. I am definitely not going to change shocks, because my lease will be up when my car has about 36K miles. The h-tech springs should def hold up during this time with stock shocks right? I am sort of on a budget so these seem to be the best option? I heard that these springs are like $140 ish, anyone know where to get them?
thanks,
dario

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
not trying to discourage you.....but if you do lower you car....your gonna have to take the springs out since the dealer will try to charge crazy de-installation charges to take out the springs....they will tell you how the springs caused pre-mature wear on the shocks and try to get you to buy them new shocks....REMEMBER TO REMOVE THE SPRINGS BEFORE YOU RETURN THE CAR

another modest drop would be
tanabe (have 3 different springs for is300)
l-tuned
eibach
h&r...i dunno if they have modest drop springs for the is300

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
maybe you could get the dealer to install l-tuned springs....if they offered l-tuned....some dealers will install aftermarket parts and consider thee warranty not voided, but will charge bank for labor........

·
Registered
497 Posts
the tein h-techs arent 140ish just letting you know... you can get them at any performance shop

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
James Hong said:
AlTezZa_TeK said:
the tein h-techs arent 140ish just letting you know... you can get them at any performance shop
they're discontinued. you're thinking the s-techs.
just FYI, slightly off topic, but the s-techs (green) are brand new on ebay for $140...

and someone's selling a brand new set of h-tech ones for $150 in the FS forum here, if you want the bronze ones...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts