Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever owned tein H tech lowering springs? How is the ride quality ? How much does it lower front and back? Is the front lower then the back? THANKS

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
I thought you can't have a lowered car anymore due to your parents? how come you are shopping for springs???
:-?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Just got mine installed few weeks ago. After researching and reading 100s of posts from way, way, waaaay back, I decided these would fit my prefs. Lemme tell you they're great.

On smooth road they feel same as stock for their spring rates are about the same, except the TEIN H-tech are progressive so they get harder on the turns. I can corner a lot harder than before. Freeway loops that I used to go 42-43, now I can go almost 50. I can't wait to get Hotchkis sways so I can make 50+. On bumpy road, you do feel the road, but with a solid and responsive feel. The tires seem to grab the pavement very quickly to keep the car level. They're bumpy but not bouncy.

I particularly like to drop of these springs. With stock springs, the car has too much forward tilt IMO. I guess dragsters prefer this look, but I dont. Looking from the back you see too much underneath the car. The TEIN H-Tech fixed that. The front drop is about .8" and the rear is about 1.2" so the car looks more level. The bottom edge along the car is now parallel to the ground. This is not a big drop that many people like, but at least I don't have to deal with the camber. I'm still on stock shocks because I've got only 5000 miles on this car. Save the money for sway bars. Change shocks when I have to.

·
Virgin Magnet
8,553 Posts
ht's have a nice ride, close to stock except when in a turn, ^^^ that's a good description, for pictures check out phillzspeed's signature for a link, he's got them on a hot ride

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I m thinking about springs that lower only 1 inch. I mean with my coils i had it slammed and with a .7 inch to an inch drop it is way better then 2 inch drop.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
kaoticISdriver said:
I m thinking about springs that lower only 1 inch. I mean with my coils i had it slammed and with a .7 inch to an inch drop it is way better then 2 inch drop.
why not just adjust the coilover? :-? have them at the minimum height of 1inch..and you're good to go.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the coils i have right now max out at 2 fingers gap all the way around. I already tried tricking my dad. But no way.. he thinks stock is at least 3 loose fingers or 4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts