Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i have been doing alot of research and have found alot of positive things being said about both the Tein Flex and HA. The flex's have springrates of 10 kg/mm front and 8 kg/mm rear. The HA's have 12 all around.

The one thing i'm worried about with the flex is the spring rates being too soft. Now the car is daily driver, but i like to hit up twisties and auto-x. The auto-x isn't all that serious, more of a fun thing i like to do. The one problem i can see with the HA's is that they are 12 kg/mm spring rate front and rear and am not sure if this can upset the car's weight distro of 54/46 (front/rear).

I am being offered 2 sets of flex suspension in perfect working condition. Out of the 2 HA's that i'm being offered, 1 of the sets has a blown shock which will need revalving and the other set has rear shocks that make noises going over bumps and such. I have read that the noise issue can be fixed by tightening the top bolt on the coil with an airgun (?).

Any help yall can give me will be greatly appreciated. Please vote on one!!!

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
hahahahahahahahaha

=D hehe.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
i say go for the HA's. I got the HA's and they work well. Kinda uncomfortable when riding on like medium stiff, but at full soft its fine. I've been in a car with flex and those ride well too but the HA's are stiffer and i think they are probably the same ride quality.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I would not go for the blown HA set, unless you can get them for almost free. You may need to service the entire set, since reconditioned shocks and used shocks may have different compression rates.

Depending on the price, i would go for the Flex, which can be quite stiff, but also have a nice comfort setting, and are in fact a step higher in the Tein program hierarchy.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help bennyboy and hk300. +rep!!!

Anyways, excellent point hk300 about having different rates.
Bennyboy, thanks for sharing your experiences.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
the other thread you made has all info you need mr. dag =o

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i guess your right. haha

Umm, as of right now i'm gonna get the flex's. No annoying knocking like the HA's and the ride height is independent of the spring. Also, the flex's won't be as stiff. I can see how i like the flex's and if the springs are too soft, tokico said new 12 kg/mm for the front and 10 kg/mm springs for the rear are $100 per 2 springs. They said the 60k mile coilover rebuild runs $80 per shock and takes anywhere from 1 to 1.5 weeks. Also that you can up the springrate by 2 kg/mm and not need revalving. Ok hope that info helps out.

Will keep yall updated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts