Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TEG - I recall you posted some sales figures for Lexus a while back, and it is probably very early in the game but do you have any sales numbers of CL S Types vs IS 300 sales...I am curious which car/brand is more successful in the eyes of the consumer.

I hope you got the juice.

Agent Smith Out

·
Registered
626 Posts
Come one that is a no brainer. Acura is no where close in overall sales to LEXUS. Lexus could be selling turd mobiles and still out seel Acura!

Oh no, crap, I hear Geoff comming, I am outa here!

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
hey hammerheads

i think agent is looking for is300 vs. cl-s specifically.

carpoint.com does not have 2001 cl sales volume data yet.

·
Registered
323 Posts
there are a million integras out there. i think that one car alone could help put acura over lexus. maybe not.. well.. i dunno.. ill leave it up to those with the cold hard fats to figure it out..

mike

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by acuracing:
there are a million integras out there. i think that one car alone could help put acura over lexus. maybe not.. well.. i dunno.. ill leave it up to those with the cold hard fats to figure it out..

mike
i think that in terms of gross sales volume, lexus would have the edge

no accounting for some folks' tastes

kiddin...relax u monkeys

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Well, in terms of overall worth, Toyota is worth ~154B. Honda is worth ~34B. And for more comparisons: GM ~30B. Cisco ~350B. Microsoft 291B.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
toyota is a massive organization

lexus outselling acura doesn't surprise me at all...every other car in these parts is an rx300

·
Registered
50 Posts
I should hope that the IS300 is outselling the Integra. Look how long the Integra has been out!!! The new Integra will be a 2002 model? That means current Integra was out from 1994-2001 (8 years).Thats two model lives for typical Honda cars. After 1998 I thought a new 1999 model would come out and it didn't. I think most people became sick of the model. I dont know but I think for the last 2-3 years they should have changed the integra to have the Japanese styled lights. I think it would have increased sales. But who knows. At least in Japan people were able to have the choice to get the round lights or 1 piece light. But I think that sales on the new model will increase when it come out in 2002. Its cheap and will be a nice car.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I don't have any of that info...

All I know is this -
Lexus planned to sell around 9,000 IS300s between July-December 2000
and about 25,000+ in 2001

I am sure that the Acura Integra sells many more since it is a lower cost, higher volume target market.

I don't think Lexus plans to sell more IS300s than BMW sells 3 series - just take a chunk (say 1/3) of their market over time.

I have no idea about the CL-S. Maybe sort of similar to the IS300???

·
Registered
994 Posts
Lexus must have sold more than 9000 ISes already. Mine was #6000-something, and I got it less than 1.5 months after they started selling. What # was yours TEG ?

--k

[From TEG: Mine is number 118XX - (from the last 5 digits of the VIN) - but the 9000 sales number was for USA only - the VIN#s might include models sold in other countries like Canada/Mexico/etc. ]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited October 13, 2000).]

·
Registered
511 Posts
Take out the RX and Lexus is behind Acura and BMW in terms of car sales. Why is it people get so excited about these SUV's?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Even though the VINs are over 10,000 now - there may be less than 9,000 IS300s in the USA - it is possible that some of the VIN#s are going to other countries...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts