Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Idea: Teg, how about figuring out a way for users to vote for the <best> and <worst> Lexus dealers in the nation (as if you already don't have enough to do)? Who knows? ..... the compiled stats might give Lexus data to put pressure on dealers who are less than sterling.

If nothing else, it will help steer business away from the lousy dealers.

[This message has been edited by Italian Stallion (edited September 27, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Alot of times those surveys favor the biggest (not necessarily the best). For instance, a place like Longo (biggest around Los Angeles) would get way more votes than some little dealership which has very few customers.

I think there is a way to find out the results of the customer satisfaction surveys that are sent to all new buyers. That would probably be a better way to check than having people on is300.net do a vote.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two problems with that approach:

1)Only Lexus is privy to the customer survey information; Joe Blow in the street has no idea, other than word-of-mouth, who the good and no-so-good dealers are. And Lexus is certainly not going to publicize who the problem dealers are.

2) Only customers that actually bought a car at that dealership fill out the survey. How about the customer that was treated so badly, he went elsewhere? Lexus has no data on that. And if my past experience on calling to complain about a dealer, where I had not purchased a car, is any indication, I don't think Lexus of America is tracking that info. (Although they were very nice and sympathetic, they didn't appear interested enuogh to record any specifics so as to take corrective action.)

It's possible to devise a methodology to take into account number of votes (i.e., the way that carreview.com does it). Still, I know it's a hassle to set up something like.

If nothing else, how about a "Hall of Shame" and an "Attaboy Hall" where customers can articulate their negative and positive experiences? Then rather than facing frustrating searches through the discussions, a user can quickly and easily go to a single location and see any pertinent remarks for a specific dealer.

Originally posted by TEG:
Alot of times those surveys favor the biggest (not necessarily the best). For instance, a place like Longo (biggest around Los Angeles) would get way more votes than some little dealership which has very few customers.

I think there is a way to find out the results of the customer satisfaction surveys that are sent to all new buyers. That would probably be a better way to check than having people on is300.net do a vote.

[This message has been edited by Italian Stallion (edited September 27, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Also ranking by dealership is not the whole story - some people work with a nice person at a dealership, but the next person gets stuck with someone they don't like - so I think it depends more on who you work with rather than the dealership itself.

With all that said (and based on very limited experience), I would cast the following votes:

Lexus Monterey Peninsula: Thumbs Up
Lexus Marin: Thumbs Up
Lexus of Stevens Creek: Thumbs up
Putnam Lexus: Indifferent
Magnussen Lexus: Thumbs Down

·
Registered
77 Posts
Lexus Dealerships down here in S. Cali from a possible of 5 stars that are nice and that can give great deals. first being nice, second being willingness to deal:

Longo Lexus: 3 stars, 0 stars.
Lexus of Glendale: 0 stars, 0 stars
Vista Lexus: 5 stars, 1 star
Westminster Lexus: 4 stars, 0 stars
Lexus of Thousand Oaks: 5 stars, 5 stars
Jim Faulks Lexus of Beverly Hills: 5 stars, 5 stars.
Lexus of Mission Viejo: 5 stars, 5 stars
Lexus of Riverside: 0 stars, 0 stars
Lexus of Cerritos: 3 stars, 2 stars

·
Registered
344 Posts
For the San Diego area:

Carlsbad: Good sales, great service
Kearney Mesa: Snobbish sales people
El Cajon: Whiny and unproffesional.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Originally posted by jb:
Comments on Lexus of Serramonte?
Don't even think about going to Lexus of Serramonte. Their the worst dealership I've ever been to. The first time I went up there with jeans and t-shirt, none of the salesman even came up to me to say "hello".
I personally had to go up to them and see how much they were selling the IS300. The response I got back was "that car out there would be $37,000 out the door". I asked if i can make them an offer for $36,000 out the door and I was willing to buy it that day. They said NO, not a penny less. So, I left and never went back.

They suck!!!!!

------------------
why worry, be happy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Italian, I saw in another post you mentioned you had two rag tops in Atlanta.

Did you buy your IS300 in Atlanta? If so, what dealer did you use and did you like them?

I've talked to them all on the phones trying to track down the one I want in stock. I've talked to Henessay<sp?> Lexus on Peachtree Ind.

The first guy there wouldn't give me the time of day (Guess my long shorts and untucked t-shirt didn't look good enough). The second time around they were quite helpful and let me test-drive the IS300 for quite a while.

-V

·
Registered
721 Posts
got to agree about lexus of glendale....they are a piece of s$%^ people...the sales people ae ok, but the sales manager is a dick.....hope they go out of business .....

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't live in Atanta anymore, and am unfamiliar with their dealers. I now live in Huntsville, AL .... where the local Lexus dealer in getting ready to open in a couple of months.

I haven't brought my IS yet - waiting for 2002. I did go to Lexus of Chattanoga. I rate them 5 stars for service, and they were willing to deal.

Originally posted by Vovin:
Italian, I saw in another post you mentioned you had two rag tops in Atlanta.

Did you buy your IS300 in Atlanta? If so, what dealer did you use and did you like them?

I've talked to them all on the phones trying to track down the one I want in stock. I've talked to Henessay<sp?> Lexus on Peachtree Ind.

The first guy there wouldn't give me the time of day (Guess my long shorts and untucked t-shirt didn't look good enough). The second time around they were quite helpful and let me test-drive the IS300 for quite a while.

-V

·
Registered
94 Posts
Longo Lexus sucks! The most stuck up bunch of sales I've ever met. All they say is "No one beats our price because we are the largest." What a bunch of BS and snops! Obviously, a lot of dealers beat their price. Thouseand Oaks Lexus is the best dealer I dealt with which I bough from.

sklim1

·
Registered
301 Posts
bought my IS at Lexus Santa Monica. They were out of stock but they gave me the VIN of my IS 10 days before I took delivery.

Salesman was great and so was the manager and finance people. Great buying experience.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Westside in Houston is stellar.

·
15,322 Posts
This is from a 17 year olds experience, I went with my friends and sister who are all the same age, dressed casual.

Lexus of Thousand Oaks was really nice, everyone there was courteous but wouldn't budge on price, but this was back when the first IS were coming in. Lora B was my contact there, nice lady. When they found out I bought from another local dealer, they said that it was a good dealership (you'd think they badmouth each other, very professional)

Lexus of Oxnard was great, I had a chance to speak to the general manager, Lawrence Lee, the sales manager, Warren Rose, my salesman, David Bussacco and the internet sales consultant Scott C0cklin, all class acts, very professional, all very nice, courteous, all took time to clear up any questions, all promises kept, called when they said they would, I will definitately buy from them again. If you have a chance, talk to Mr. Warren Rose, he's a very funny man. The service department is great too, Bruce W. was very patient, helpful and informative, the mechanic who checked my car took the time to come and speak to me, made sure I was happy, follow up phone calls...
My first car buying experience was a good one, I will definately go back to Oxnard again in the near future.

BTW I paid MSRP since it was the second shipment and nobody was willing to deal, yet I am very happy with my purchase and don't regret paying full sticker.

[This message has been edited by DonCorleone (edited September 28, 2000).]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Lexus of Thousand Oaks is really nice. Lora dropped 1505 for me (I was 17 at the time) I was very surprised that she was being very professional with me. Other dealerships didnt bother cus im young and i look like im 15. But yea, talk with Lora if you want an IS300.

·
Registered
47 Posts
JM Lexus in South Florida is the best. I believe they were rated the best in the country. I got an AWESOME deal on my IS300. I probably shoudn't publish that though. JM Lexus rules by far!!!!

------------------
que la chingada!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Originally posted by gmej:
For the San Diego area:

Carlsbad: Good sales, great service
Kearney Mesa: Snobbish sales people
El Cajon: Whiny and unproffesional.

Change Carlsbads service to good instead of great. When I went in for my 5000 mile service, I specifically asked them not to wash it b/c I had just put a new coat of wax and I've heard stories of cars coming back with scratches. Well, they did wash it. No scratches, but wasn't what I wanted. Then they put too much oil in my car. Still, overall better than the other two SD dealers.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I like Longo, but I guess it depends on who you deal with. We bought three cars from Longo, both the GS and RX were around invoice, so I was expecting something similar for the IS. I guess I just went in too early to get the car because the floor manager didn't want to budge at all because they have sold all of their IS at MSRP. I was ready to walk out but my parents insist on dealing (very unusual of them). We all know getting down on the MSRP is impossible so my salesman offer something else. At the end I got about $1000 to $1200 worth of saving. I got free services until 20,000 miles, and about 1% off my 60 month load rate.
And their service department is very friendly too, although they do tend to get too busy on weekend so you got to wait about 10 minutes or so in the lunge before your service advisor come get you for paper works.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
16 Participants
devil13
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing