Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any luck with the mobile paintless dent repair companies. any suggestions on which company i should go to. im in so cal btw. thanks... regardless i still love my IS. guess others dont love it as much as me to ding it.

mike

·
Registered
814 Posts
Mike, I read a post of month or so back where someone had a small ding in their door and the Lexus dealership popped it out for $35 VS. big$$$ at a body shop. Like someone said the Lexus dealships are good at this kind of stuff and that's why their pre-owned cars for sale look better than some new cars.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Always get a second opinion though. The dealership was gonna charge me 250 bucks for something that a guy working out of his pickup did to my ES 300 charged me only 50. And it looks as good as new.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i'm at so cali area i did my door dent with this guy... he is great... the job was paintless dent fix... less than the dealer cost... if you are interesting in this... ask me i will give you more info...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IS3_Ride: can u give me the guys info on who fixed it for u? also, where in so cal do u live at? thanks

mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this might sound funny, but have you tried using dry ice? Yes, DRY ICE!!!
If it's just a small ding, get some gloves, hold a small chuck of dry ice, make sure to wipe clean the area of the ding and press the dry ice on the ding -- it should pop out!
Obviously, your going to be skeptical and worried that the dry ice might eat the paint so try using it on an old car with a ding and see for yourself. Make sure that "old" car has not been repainted and still has a clear top coat.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how does dry ice pull it out? just curious? sounds like it would be cool but also seems kinda weird....

mike

·
Registered
148 Posts
I tried dry ice on a ding on my Integra years ago, and it didn't work. Maybe someone else has had better luck or maybe there's a special technique to it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
acuracing- i'm around the south bay area, if you are intersting about the dent guy tell me... i will provide you more information... alright? by the way... how big is the dent? and any paint loss (is that how you call it)?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts